Windows 10: Can't resize pictures so that they will fit my desktop. WHY?!

Discus and support Can't resize pictures so that they will fit my desktop. WHY?! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am very upset about this. I used to be able to adjust the size and other things about my pictures before I set them as my desktop image. There used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenniferFeher, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Can't resize pictures so that they will fit my desktop. WHY?!

I am very upset about this. I used to be able to adjust the size and other things about my pictures before I set them as my desktop image. There used to be some kind of menu that asked me if I wanted to keep the original size of picture, if I wanted it centered, wanted it tiled, did I want it to fit my screen, etc. I don't know where to find the option to do this. I have pictures that are original size when I first open them in the pictures app, but when I click on it and choose “save as desktop,” the picture is zoomed in and too big so I can't see the whole image. I have pictures I want to have on my desktop that have this issue. I searched on my computer for the word “desktop,” hoping I would be able to find the option to change/resize the picture or keep the original size of the image, but I can't find it anymore. And NO, I DID NOT have to go in and edit the picture. My PC had the ability to change the picture for me so it would fit my screen. I never had this problem before, so I'm wondering if this ability was taken away when I had my PC updated at some time. Doing something this simple should NOT be so hard. Please help-- this issue, which used to be so simple to adjust-- is driving me NUTS! I HATE technology and all the aggravation and frustration it brings-- and here it's supposed to make my life easier, faster and more efficient. In reality, it often ends up frustrating me like hell. : Please tell me STEP BY STEP how to fix this. Thank you. My PC is version 10.

:)

JenniferFeher, Jul 26, 2020

2. Desktop fit in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resize the Desktop image and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Desktop and select the
      Personalize
    • Select the Background from the left pane.
    • Under Choose a fit click on the drop down. There you will get a list of options to resize the Desktop image.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Praven74 Win User
    Resizing Wallpaper on my N8 to fit my home screen

I've noticed a problem on my N8. I cannot seem to fit the entire wallpaper on my home screen. I guess the problem is that the wallpapers are of larger resolution and whenever i set the pictures as my wallpaper the edges get cut off. Is there a way of fitting
    the whole wallpaper to fit my screen. I tried editing by resizing the picture but it works on some pictures.

Praven74, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Can't resize pictures so that they will fit my desktop. WHY?!

Resizing my desktop

How do I resize my desktop to fit my screen? I just restarted and the desktop shrunk down approx. 1/3. Ty, in advance.

Spidercatz23, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't resize pictures so that they will fit my desktop. WHY?!

1. Can't resize pictures so that they will fit my desktop. WHY?! - Similar Threads - Can't resize pictures

2. Why are my pictures becoming so bright?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my pictures becoming so bright?: Whenever I click on a picture it looks good, but then a few seconds later it looks like ****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-pictures-becoming-so-bright/9b9c4e87-a979-47d9-bd37-54a02bdbe509
  3. Why are my pictures becoming so bright?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my pictures becoming so bright?: Whenever I click on a picture it looks good, but then a few seconds later it looks like ****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-pictures-becoming-so-bright/9b9c4e87-a979-47d9-bd37-54a02bdbe509
  4. Resized pictures disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resized pictures disappeared: I was trying to save pictures from my iPhone to a flash drive using my Windows 11 laptop. When moving the pictures I was told the files were too big to save to the drive. I decided to resize the photos using the Photo app and save them to a file on the computer before...
  5. Resized pictures disappeared

Resized pictures disappeared: I was trying to save pictures from my iPhone to a flash drive using my Windows 11 laptop. When moving the pictures I was told the files were too big to save to the drive. I decided to resize the photos using the Photo app and save them to a file on the computer before...
  6. I can't resize my main partition. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't resize my main partition. Why?: So I wanted to install Ubuntu in dual boot with windows 10 but I can't resize my SSD. When I open disk manager I get only 138MB available when I got 34GB free (my SSD is 236GB total). What should I do? Do I need to clean it up? Or do I need to disable BitLocker? Edit: build...
  7. resize a scanned picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    resize a scanned picture: i have a signature which needs to be resized dimension 140x60 pixel size: 10-20 KB please guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-a-scanned-picture/7955f308-d05a-4a66-946d-3363d274c207
  8. Default "fit picture to frame"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default "fit picture to frame": This wacky default has been around since the days of Win XP. It fits the picture you are printing from edge to edge one way, while cropping out the rest of the image. I have Never wanted this setting and can't think of a time when it could be useful. How can the default...
  9. resize a picture

resize a picture: How do I resize a picture that is 5.1 Mb to less than 2Mb ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-a-picture/59bed46c-e4cc-487c-9db4-95c487d37158
  10. Resizing pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resizing pictures: Good morning, I have been trying to resize pictures and having not success in doing so. I have tried using what the net has suggested and still nothing please help me with this problem. I would really appreciate it a lot. Many thanks Joy O'Connor...