Windows 10: Can't resize second display

Discus and support Can't resize second display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jose Trevino_81, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Can't resize second display

I am using the Surface Laptop 3 and a USB Type-C to HDMI adapter to add a second display. When I connect it, it sets the laptop display, which is physically half the size of the monitor, to be far bigger. This means when I move the mouse between the two, there is desync and an area on the laptop where there is no border at all.

Can't resize second display 162350e8-bf62-4134-9422-0c81504801c9?upload=true.png

Display 1 is the laptop, and Display 2 is the monitor. How do I set them to be the same size?

:)

Jose Trevino_81, Apr 17, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings
    but the empty space is still there. It must be a deeper issue but I'm not overly savvy when it comes to deeper display setting. I don't even know where to look or start. Any help would be appreciated. I should add I'm not using pc monitors but small TV's.

DarthChief, Apr 17, 2021
  4. damtachoa Win User

Can't resize second display

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Can't resize second display

1. Can't resize second display - Similar Threads - Can't resize second

2. Can't Cursor Over To Second Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Cursor Over To Second Display: I have two displays. You know how, in "Settings", under the "Display" tab, there is a screen that shows the two displays we'll call them "The Monitor" and "The Laptop", arranged in a way so that, if they're right next to each other on the screen, that enables you to cursor...
  3. How to resize second screen dimension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to resize second screen dimension: Hi everyone! I have my laptop connected with a second 27 ' monitor. The monitor is the main screen, the laptop the second one. Obviously the screen of my laptop is much smaller, how can I set this on windows? In the display setting ( Start > Settings > System > Display ) I'm...
  4. Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display keeps flashing off and back on and resizing windows: Since recent update, my external monitor primary display keeps flashing off for a moment - my laptop screen then flashes on with all windows, then the external monitor flashes back on but all windows are resized. This happens every 45 seconds or so. I am using a Windows...
  5. Help to resize my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help to resize my display: I’m wanting to double my tv as a monitor as shown in this post.. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f98fxs/my_new_tv_ist_too_large_to_use_as_a_monitor_is/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Here’s my dimensions 42 in (110 cm) [corner to corner]...
  6. Second Screen Display keeps resizing.

Second Screen Display keeps resizing.: My second screen will occasionally resize to where there is unused screen space on the edges of the screen. I try and re-set the aspect ratio but it does nothing leading me to believe its on my PC's end. I then try it again in my right-click Display settings but the empty...
  7. Display and Windows are Resizing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display and Windows are Resizing: I have W10 and a couple of days ago, W10 Update installed Interl Graphics Display 26.20.100.7263. Ever since then I have been having the following problems: Now and the, W10 will beep at me with 2 different sounds--I can't figure out what this means nor what the beeps...
  8. Resizing a display in the layout

Resizing a display in the layout: I need help resizing the screen. My main Laptop is 4k and the screen attached is 1650 x 1050. Is there any way to, while maintaining their current resolutions, make it so the second monitor is as big as the first in the layout so that when I move my mouse through say the top...
  9. Display - is it possible to do this resize?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display - is it possible to do this resize?: I'm setting up a W10 computer for a friend. It's an HP all-in-one which has the motherboard, hard drive etc, inside the 23" screen. The res is 1920 x 1080, or 16:9. I'd like to configure her display to look like my 24" 1920 x 1200 (16:10), but I can't see how. I don't...
  10. Can't display second screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't display second screen: When I go to "display settings", there is only one monitor shown. If I click "Detect", it says "Didn't detect another display". When I do WIN +P, I see message "Your PC can't project to another screen". Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card. What do I...