Windows 10: can't resolve missing shortcut messages.

Discus and support can't resolve missing shortcut messages. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am running System 10 Pro 64 with Office 2013. Most Office issues I can resolve myself with a Google search. This one I can't. Every time I start up... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by x509, Jan 11, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

can't resolve missing shortcut messages.

I am running System 10 Pro 64 with Office 2013. Most Office issues I can resolve myself with a Google search. This one I can't.

Every time I start up Word, I get error messages like these:

can't resolve missing shortcut messages. [​IMG]

and

can't resolve missing shortcut messages. [​IMG]

I tried editing the registry to delete all the entries for Office15 Word in the MRU lists, but that didn't work. And all my searching turns up the answers to the problem of links IN A DOCUMENT that you need to fix. So I don't know what to do next.

I have different partitions for Windows and Programs, Data, and Photos and Music. My Photos and Music used to be on my SSD as drive E, but the size of the partition got too big and the SSD got too full, so I moved that partition onto an external drive, which I call drive I. I have another external drive J for my software installs library.

Key here is that I usually don't have those external drives plugged in, , especially when I am travellling, and I no longer have a drive E. My partition letter system is standard across all the systems in my home LAN. C, D, E, and F are always internal. I and J are always external for laptops.

(On my desktop systems, I have have a 4 TB HDD for my Photos and Music and my software installs library partitions. By the way, I use Goodsync to keep desktop and laptop partitions in sync. Not free, but works absolutely reliably, which the free utilities do not.)

:)

2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.can't resolve missing shortcut messages. :)

terrace, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do you delete Excel shortcuts in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to delete the shortcut?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To delete a shortcut

Right-click the shortcut that you want to delete, click
    Delete, and then click yes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Reply with necessary information and I’ll be happy to help you further

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jan 11, 2019
  4. can't resolve missing shortcut messages.

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

can't resolve missing shortcut messages.

1. can't resolve missing shortcut messages. - Similar Threads - can't resolve missing

2. RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE: I got an error message saying "the product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again, or enter a different one" and Error code 0x80041014 while trying to check if the license of my windows server 2012 R2 standard is still active or has expired*Moved...
  3. RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RESOLVE ERROR MESSAGE: I got an error message saying "the product key you entered didn't work. check the product key and try again, or enter a different one" and Error code 0x80041014 while trying to check if the license of my windows server 2012 R2 standard is still active or has expired*Moved...
  4. Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup

Can't select a folder in Missing Shortcut dialog popup: Whenever a shortcut is broken, windows asks you what to do with that shortcut:That's fine and all, and it's easy for me to click browse and find the subfolder I needed and select it, but that just opens the folder to continue browsing, it doesn't actually "select" the folder....
  5. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  6. Shortcuts missing

Shortcuts missing: Hi,Yesterday I had a problem with my HD disk that failed and all my other apps that were not on that disk started giving me the .lnk missing or inacessable error.I tried deleting .lnk from both USER and ROOT from Regedit, didn't work. So I installed Win10 again, and now most...
  7. Shortcuts missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Missing Shortcut

Missing Shortcut: I can't find a file that i did not delete and when i click on the shortcut i normally used, it says "the item 'modern warfare launcher' has been changed or removed so this shortcut is no longer valid" please help...
  9. Shortcuts are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts are missing: Game shortcuts that I put on my desktop keep disappearing. For example yesterday I had Counter Strike shortcut but today it is missing… You see the programs are still there but shortcuts keep disappearing...
  10. Missing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing shortcuts: The shortcuts are missing on my desktop. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-shortcuts/d1f87515-6186-4322-a836-89c528564d27