Windows 10: Can't restart after Win 10 update

Discus and support Can't restart after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had a few problems with restarting after a "required" update but I held off on the update I was offered a few weeks ago in Feb. until I had some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Orerockon, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Orerockon Win User

Can't restart after Win 10 update

I've had a few problems with restarting after a "required" update but I held off on the update I was offered a few weeks ago in Feb. until I had some spare time. So I did the usual check for updates, it failed to download so I tried again, this time it did download, restart, went to 80% completed and stuck. I left it for 2 hours, decided it wasn't going to boot, now it goes to the window screen, flashes off, back to the window screen, to the blue spinning circle screen, and hangs. Left that for 2 hours, nothing, so tried it multiple times, same result. Holding down the shift key during reboot does nothing, same result. Obviously F8 doesn't work anymore. The keyboard and mouse are responsive (found that out hitting shift key a bunch of times while it was hung, it goes to the stupid sticky keys box). ctrl-alt-del doesn't work as I have seen suggested elsewhere. So something is alive in there. I don't have physical media so I don't know where to start. This is killing my income by tens of dollars an hour, any advice soon would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Orerockon, Mar 6, 2016

2. Unable to play music via bluetooth on laptop through phone

After upgrading to win 10 i can't play music on my laptop via Bluetooth anymore this feature used to work fine in win 8.1.

I have tried

1. Restarting services.msc

2. Updating my Bluetooth drivers

AbhikalpaMondal, Mar 6, 2016
  3. How to completely block driver update

All in 1 computer.

I was using win 7 pro and offered win 10 upgrade, after reserve I can't wait and use Media creation tool to install win 10 pro. after 2 days it freeze and can not boot again ( freezed at the spining circle booting logo.) so I re-install win 7. then update
    all the updates ( around 200 ) and use media creation again, and 1 again my computer die in 1 day setup with same issue. I repeat this process around 10 time in 1 month ( longest live on 3 days ).

1 day in reinstall process my computer unexpected turn off ( my house power out ) so from there I can't boot again, it in a loop from start to boot logo, appear a box tell me that install failed, restart to reinstall but restart will restart the loop, F8
    not working, I can't do anything. So I install win 8.1 from the DVD.

After install win 8.1 I use media creation tool to upgrade to win 10 and I received win 10 Home. And the issue still there.

But there update from me: THe issue gone after I disable Lan driver and use uninstall the AMD default driver, install my own, defer any update in the future ( so I will miss all the update and that is what I don't want to )

Thanks

Tin Nguyen 04, Mar 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You need to download the ISO from Microsoft.com instead of doing the Windows Update.

You should never upgrade like you did, if you are using a computer for business.

bro67, Mar 6, 2016
  5. Orerockon Win User
    I'm not talking about clicking on the the upgrade thing, I downloaded the entire thing from the hidden MS page and installed it from a USB stick. What does that have to do with the MS updates?

Orerockon, Mar 6, 2016
  6. Orerockon Win User
    Forget it, I figured it out. In case anyone is reading this, go the the media creation page for Win 10, download, burn the ISO to a DVD (I guess a CD would work too), boot from that, go to startup repair. Luckily Windows made a restore point before the failed update install (I didn't know it did that, never had this problem before).

Orerockon, Mar 6, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    There is no hidden page on microsoft.com for the ISO. Windows 10 is sent out as a Windows Update to anyone running previous editions of Windows. It has been a long discussed issue since the RTM rolled out last year, because of the aggressiveness of GWX.

If your system is freezing while trying to install Windows 10, that means that a process is either getting hung up, or it is having problems when connecting to Microsoft's servers to validate your copy of Windows.

It has been suggested to do a Clean Install of Windows 10 vs. an upgrade over the existing previous Windows edition. That is because too many people leave third party Internet security software installed, do not update all installed programs, have older drivers that are not compatible with Windows 10.

I keep all of my documents, media on a external drive from my LAN, so that I can also access while on the go, but also it keeps from me accidentally losing them if my NAS goes belly up.

bro67, Mar 6, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

We all know about the creation of the ISO. In order to do a USB install, you have to do some extra steps. Whenever you do an upgrade on Windows, it will always create a restore point and also create a Windows.old folder.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't restart after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Can't restart update

2. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  3. win 10 can't restart after power outage

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 can't restart after power outage: Hi there, While I was using my desktop Win 10, there was a power outage. No electricity for app 30 mins. I forgot to unplugged the the desktop:. I tried to restart it after electricity back. It was on, it had a message- it will scanning the errors and after that it will...
  4. Can't update WIN 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't update WIN 10: I have been trying as far back as 8/16/20 according to my update history to install 2 updates. KB4571756 which fails with this error code 0x800f081f KB4566782 which fails with this error code 0x8024200d I'm still on version 2004 Build 19041.329 I'm aware that this has...
  5. Win 10 Black Screen after restart to install update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Black Screen after restart to install update: Here is the detail. I download and install Win 10 ver 1903 (my current ver is 1803). After download and installed, windows tell me to restart the pc. I restart the PC PC case stop and run again as usual. But the thing is when my PC case start, the screen will show thr...
  6. win update restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win update restart: My Desktop pc has updated the new MS edge but update still wants to restart pc. I have done this several times and update still wants to restart for update 2020-05 Microsoft Edge Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4559309. it won't go away. Philip...
  7. New computer will not restart after installing new win 10 updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    New computer will not restart after installing new win 10 updates: A few days ago I bought a new computer, set it up and turned it on. In order to continue it asked me for my Microsoft account code number. Now my other computer that was up to date with win 10 I have a pin number that I use. So I had to create a account using a code number....
  8. Win 10 update stuck in restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update stuck in restart: I received the update notifivation last Thu. (14-Feb-19). After installation, it went to restart stage, however, it was stuck after log-in and reported Windows Explorer has no response during personalized setting. I have tried to call up the task manager but it did not work....
  9. can't boot Win 10 after recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't boot Win 10 after recent update: I just did an update, it had one Windows defender update and and a KB something it downloaded, installed and asked me to reboot. I did this and it did the 20%, 30% thing before restart, it shut down and restarted upon start, I have been sitting for an hour with the...
  10. PC restarts after win 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC restarts after win 10 update: hi,ever since i recently updated win 10 to fall creators (1709) my PC has started to randomly shut down and instantly reeboot (slowly) without warning,the event log is showing error 10016,and critical 41.i have done everything i can as a basic pc knowledgable user,SFC,virus...