Windows 10: Can't restart my computer

Discus and support Can't restart my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I was clearing storage on my computer by uninstalling some unnecessary apps like Word that I don't pay for anymore. And then I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phetladda, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Phetladda Win User

Can't restart my computer

Hello,

I was clearing storage on my computer by uninstalling some unnecessary apps like Word that I don't pay for anymore. And then I went to uninstall Mozilla Fox because I think Google is a better option, I don't know if I took away something important though, anyhow I don't think I did. to be able to uninstall Fox you have to restart the computer and so I did, and now I can't get it to restart. When I turn it on it I have to choose something for keyboard and I chose swedish cause I live in Sweden, then I come to a blue screen with two given options "Turn off your PC" or "Troubleboot Advance Options", I've tried every options and nothing works, I've watched youtube videos but I don't know what to do, please help me.

:)

Phetladda, Jan 31, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't restart my computer - Similar Threads - Can't restart computer

2. Why can't I restart my computer in the advanced option,I don't have the restart computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I restart my computer in the advanced option,I don't have the restart computer...: I can't restart my computer it dosent have the restart PC option in the advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-restart-my-computer-in-the-advanced/7ec40dd5-f051-4d97-8b68-87ae89d10286
  3. Why can't I restart my computer in the advanced option,I don't have the restart computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I restart my computer in the advanced option,I don't have the restart computer...: I can't restart my computer it dosent have the restart PC option in the advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-restart-my-computer-in-the-advanced/7ec40dd5-f051-4d97-8b68-87ae89d10286
  4. Why can't I restart my computer in the advanced option,I don't have the restart computer...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My computer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps restarting: It starts up like normal but before it gets to login screen it says restarting and continuously restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-restarting/c7805fec-ec1c-4914-8409-67b0545a76c7
  6. Can't restart my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't restart my PC: I restarted my computer device one hour ago. Suddenly the background turned blue, the white dots began to spin and it wrote "Getting windows ready Don't turn off your computer"The situation is still the same after an hour. what should I do?...
  7. I can't get into my computer after a restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get into my computer after a restart.: I was on a Discord call and noticed my mic stopped working. I switched to another mic and it still wasn't working. After looking at a few settings, I decided to restart my computer to see if that would fix it. Now whenever I turn it on, it's telling me "Something happened and...
  8. My computer restarts for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer restarts for no reason: My computer restarts for no reason My hardware is as follows Intel I5 8600K ASUS Z370-P NVIDIA RTX 2060 16g DDR4 2400 dual channel Samsung 970evo plus 250g M.2 600w Power Supply This is the latest crash in the event log - <Event...
  9. My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer can't restart, shutdown, sign out, ...: My computer OS is windows 10. I try to shutdown normally but my computer doesn't turn off. Then I have to cut down the electricity to turn off the computer . p/s: Sorry I'm not good at English....
  10. I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't restart my computer after sleep mode.: When I go to restart my computer after sleep mode, nothing happens. I press the power button, the screen lightens slightly, and then nothing happens. It actually worked one time, but that was it. Bought this "refurbished with a clean copy of Windows 10, originally intended...