Windows 10: cant restart my msi laptop

Discus and support cant restart my msi laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i need help everytime i restart my computer for a update that need to restart or even I just want to restart it get hit with a black screen and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chris haines, Oct 1, 2020.

1. cant restart my msi laptop

i need help everytime i restart my computer for a update that need to restart or even I just want to restart it get hit with a black screen and only thing it says MSI it stays there doesn't move

:)

chris haines, Oct 1, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Problem with Restarting my win 10 laptop

Well, in that case MSI might have a different method. Would be able to perform the steps as suggested by MSI?

ArifAhmed2, Oct 1, 2020
  4. cant restart my msi laptop

upgrade msi laptop from Windows 7 Home 32bit to Windows 10 32 bit Failure

Thank you for your suggestion. Upon checking the msi web site, it looks as of now my GX720 laptop is not listed as upgradeable to windows 10. I guess I can stop trying for now.

Retireeguy, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

cant restart my msi laptop

1. cant restart my msi laptop - Similar Threads - cant restart msi

2. Laptop MSI model MS-16P5 restarts with power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop MSI model MS-16P5 restarts with power supply: Laptop MSI model MS-16P5, with installed Windows 10, restarts whenever I connect power supply.However when windows starts in SAFE MODE, laptop does NOT restart.So I guess the problem is because of a faulty driver.What do you think?Agreed?What is the fastest way to find out...
  3. Laptop MSI model MS-16P5 restarts with power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop MSI model MS-16P5 restarts with power supply: Laptop MSI model MS-16P5, with installed Windows 10, restarts whenever I connect power supply.However when windows starts in SAFE MODE, laptop does NOT restart.So I guess the problem is because of a faulty driver.What do you think?Agreed?What is the fastest way to find out...
  4. Npsvctrig crashing my MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Npsvctrig crashing my MSI laptop: I have a MSI GF75 thin 10th gen i7 rtx 2060 that is having problems. It is crashing at random times and every single time it crashes, event viewer shows npsvctrig as the last event to occur. Occasionally it will blue screen, and when it does it says video scheduler internal...
  5. .msi cant be installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .msi cant be installed: I was trying to update wsl to wsl 2. For that you have to run wsl_update_x64.msi, but every time i ran it displayed an error saying "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator" I didint need wsl that much so I just let it be. A few days...
  6. Sttrail is ruining my Msi laptop!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sttrail is ruining my Msi laptop!!: Hello, So I am unsure what is going on and blatantly I am angry and upset. I have a msi laptop with windows 10 installed. Absolutely perfect upon getting. Until Windows updates!!! Repairing for no known reasons, being fine then update after update. Blue screen. Stopcode....
  7. My msi desktop is stuck in a loop and i cant do anything before it restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My msi desktop is stuck in a loop and i cant do anything before it restarts: I just bought an msi desktop and when i first set it up it said installing windows your computer will restsart several times. So i left it alone for 4 hours while it did this. It starts up goes to the installing windows screen for 2 seconds then shuts off and starts again....
  8. Something about my MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something about my MSI laptop: Hello my name is Tommy I have a MSI laptop with model name GT72 2QD and I think there might be something wrong with it. It had been flickering a red light at the bottom of it awhile ago. Is everything okay with it? Here is a video link https://youtu.be/w2VoP-xwVUc...
  9. My msi laptop operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My msi laptop operation: Hi. I have msi laptop model name msi GT72 2QD and it is keep showing this odd screen when I turn it on. I researched tiny bit about how to get to the normal screen again by adjusting my aptio utility setup but I still cannot get back. Please help me and here is the...
  10. My MSI Laptop screen is not centered

in Windows 10 Customization
    My MSI Laptop screen is not centered: My MSI Laptop screen is off center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-msi-laptop-screen-is-not-centered/6e45322a-fcc9-4c41-9da7-edd5d5a67e1a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msi laptop cant restart