Windows 10: Can't restore computer to factory settings. Windows error: "Windows cannot proceed..."

Discus and support Can't restore computer to factory settings. Windows error: "Windows cannot proceed..." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to restore computer to factory settings. It's now stuck in, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by im_coni, Sep 25, 2020.

1. im_coni Win User

Can't restore computer to factory settings. Windows error: "Windows cannot proceed..."

I attempted to restore computer to factory settings. It's now stuck in, "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows Click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation."

From my other PC, I created a flash drive with Windows creation tool and it didn't fix the problem. I tried several suggested options but still cannot get past the condition.

What can I do to restore computer and begin Windows 10 installation?

:)

im_coni, Sep 25, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 25, 2020
  3. restore t factory settings

I recently took possession of a laptop with Windows 10 home on it and I want to do a clean install on it;there is nothing on it that needs to be backed up. How do I proceed to restore the laptop to factory settings?

leftynomore, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Can't restore computer to factory settings. Windows error: "Windows cannot proceed..."

Windows XP PRO error after restore

whats up guys after i restored my system state, C: drive and all that stuff i was told to reboot the PC, after reboot i got this error

I activate System Restore and it all goes smoothly until, as the computer is starting back up I get

"Windows is unable to start as the following file is either missing or corrupt;
    system32\DRIVERS\nvata.sys

You can attept to repair this file by using Windows Set Up using the original SET-UP CD ROM.
    Press 'r' at the first screen to begin the repair."

I attempted to repair it but im not sure what command exactly to use or what i should even do now.....can someone please help me??

my system specs can viewed over in the side panel

Da iLLeZt TL973, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't restore computer to factory settings. Windows error: "Windows cannot proceed..."

1. Can't restore computer to factory settings. Windows error: "Windows cannot proceed..." - Similar Threads - Can't restore computer

2. Restore to Factory Settings Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore to Factory Settings Windows 7: I have a Windows 7 HP Pavilion g7 that I am getting rid of. I would like to delete all files and return to factory settings. I don't need to back up. Just delete everything. I have tried all avenues and nothing works. Thanks...
  3. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  4. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.: Hi,A friend in his nineties is attempting to restore his Windows 10 computer to its original settings. He lives well over a hundred miles away so my advice has been via emails and links to online websites. He started the process today but has hit a snag after everything was...
  5. Restoring Windows 10 to Factory Settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore computer to factory settings: How do I reset a new HP computer to factory settings so I can return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/d3ce5854-fa30-4adf-b850-e67354b74a1b
  7. Can't restore factory settings

Can't restore factory settings: After I got a new pc it got a bit buggy. I can't install certain apps and troubleshooting doesn't work. I tried to restore pc to factory settings since I already have quite a few apps installed, but it's not working. I tried many different things I found on internet, but...
  8. Restore to factory settings

Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...
  9. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore computer to factory settings: I'm returning this computer to seller and I want to restore to factory settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/2743d7b9-e0f4-40d4-beb6-af070a6d1c93
  10. Hacked and can't restore factory settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked and can't restore factory settings: Help! Last night my runescape account got hacked and I'm afraid some virus was left on my laptop. I can't seem to reset te settings even tho I followed a lot of guides... Can someone pls help me I'm kinda desperate! Nothing works! When I try to reset it says some program is...