Windows 10: Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender

Discus and support Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a file that I know runs safe but Windows Defender had been deleting for the past 6 months. I could always just restore it and it created no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PulkitSharma2, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender

I have a file that I know runs safe but Windows Defender had been deleting for the past 6 months. I could always just restore it and it created no fuss. Since the update KB4598481, I cannot access the protection history of my Windows Defender so I cannot restore that deleted file. That Deleted file is still existing in my parent directory as <filename>.<extension>.del file and it shows its details as a DEL file instead of the <extension> file. I really need that file for operation of my software but since the update KB4598481 was installed which I can't uninstall, I can not disable real time virus protection or recover this file of mine. It worked fine before this specific update. What are my options? Running Windows 10 Home right now.

:)

PulkitSharma2, Feb 14, 2021
  2. suraswami Win User

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Feb 14, 2021
  3. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Pinchy Win User

Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender

Deleted file restore software.

Oh.

So your running the backup software from the server and not the computer.

Yep I see whats happened. Just for the future (althought I am sure you wont make the same mistake again) make sure you select and option that says "if it cant find the file, DONT delete". If it doesnt have that option...switch to SynbackSE.

An FYI: difference between incremental and differential is that differential copies all new / changed files since the last full backup......incremental copies all new / changed files since the last backup no matter what it was (incremental/full/differential).

Now to get your files back:

Tried a system restore on the server?

Pinchy, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender

1. Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Can't restore files

2. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  3. Deleted Items Can't Restored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted Items Can't Restored: Over the past couple of days my keybpard has been less responsive. I thought it might be batteries, so I switched in new ones. I then went into a windows folder and as I clicked on things at first they didn' open., then as I clicked on them whole folders started deleting. I...
  4. Windows Defender - Restoring file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Restoring file: Hello, I am on Windows 11. Microsoft Defender is my AV.I also use Malwarebytes / Windows malware removal tool MRT.Recently, Defender flagged a file as containing trojan and quarantined it.Defender is not allowing me to open the "infected" subfolder inside.What exactly happens...
  5. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  6. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete system restore: Recently tried restoring my system to a restore point. I had around 70gb free on the drive when I attempted it. It failed before finishing as It told me there was insufficient space on the drive. When I got back into windows the free space went down to are 4.5gb The...
  7. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete system restore: Recently tried restoring my system to a restore point. I had around 70gb free on the drive when I attempted it. It failed before finishing as It told me there was insufficient space on the drive. When I got back into windows the free space went down to are 4.5gb The...
  8. Can't delete system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. restore deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore deleted files: I recently reinstalled windows 10 and now all my documents, pics etc. are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-deleted-files/c78c3d26-cd76-4861-9cfe-9b5cb6b12cc9
  10. Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved: I moved a few files between my hard drives and windows defender removed them so i went to restore them but clicking restore didnt do anything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender restore file delete not recently