Windows 10: Can't Restore Music to Original Location

Discus and support Can't Restore Music to Original Location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I moved my Music to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Music shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rykel Lim, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Rykel Lim Win User

Can't Restore Music to Original Location

Hi,

I moved my Music to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Music shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to restore it to its original location, but it fails and I receive this error: Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied.

Is there a way to fix this without having to create a new user?

Thanks!

:)

Rykel Lim, Jan 2, 2020
  2. DougCulp Win User

restore taskbar to original location

how to restore taskbar to original location

DougCulp, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Can't Restore Music to Original Location

Can't Restore Desktop to Original Location

Hi,

I moved my Desktop to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Desktop shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to restore it to its original location, but it fails and I receive this error: Failed to build the list of regular
    subdirectories under "D:\System Volume Information". Access is denied.

Is there a way to fix this without having to create a new user?

Thanks!

DenniRussel, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't Restore Music to Original Location

1. Can't Restore Music to Original Location - Similar Threads - Can't Restore Music

2. I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location: Hi!,I moved my Desktop to my D drive but didn't make a new folder named desktop. Now desktop is mixed with other folders/content of my d drive. I wanted to restore it to its original location which is in the local C drive but it fails and I receive this: "The Folder can't be...
  3. I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't restore Desktop to it's Original Location: Hi!,I moved my Desktop to my D drive but didn't make a new folder named desktop. Now desktop is mixed with other folders/content of my d drive. I wanted to restore it to its original location which is in the local C drive but it fails and I receive this: "The Folder can't be...
  4. Restoring latest files from Windows Backup using 'Restore Files' when original location...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring latest files from Windows Backup using 'Restore Files' when original location...: One of my drives F has failed. I have been backing up this drive using Windows backup and want to resore the latest versions to my C drive. As the F drive is no longer available it is no longer in the folder list to be backed up in Backup options. When I use 'Restore Files...
  5. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  6. Can't restore desktop to original location

Can't restore desktop to original location: Hi, I moved my Desktop to my D drive, but accidentally didn't put it in a subfolder. Now my Desktop shows the entire contents of my D drive. I want to restore it to its original location, but it fails and I receive this error: Failed to build the list of regular...
  7. Original file location

Original file location: Hi Everyone, I have a user within the organisation that has moved a file from a folder to a newly created folder. They seem to have lost track of where they had originally transferred the file from (original folder location). Is there a way I could find out where...
  8. restore original doc.x

restore original doc.x: trying to restore a doc.x that i accidently pasted the wrong doc onto. have tried all the help and restore functions but still saying it is not there.... anything i am missing??...
  9. restore taskbar to original location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restore taskbar to original location: how to restore taskbar to original location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-taskbar-to-original-location/440887d7-6a5b-4681-a07d-c99f77f4bc39
  10. Unable to restore original downloads folder location

Unable to restore original downloads folder location: Dear community, I have a new Windows 8 computer. The hard drive is separated in two, OS (C:) and DATA (D:) and I realised that all my files were being stored in drive C: I read online that you could modify where folders like 'My documents' are stored by clicking...