Windows 10: Cant restore system factory settings.

Discus and support Cant restore system factory settings. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wilmerbeekman, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Cant restore system factory settings.

So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice to see of i did something wrong but the same problem occured. up until that time i only had minor problems like bloated drives and some decreased performance.

so after all this i decided it was time to reset my laptop using the recovery tools build in to windows. it worked before and it always went smoothly.

this time however, it didnt I tried multiple times and got the same error every time. so instead i tried to boot into safemode like some guides already have explained might work. to my surprise it simply didnt boot into safemode. each time I did it pretty much ignored me and boot normally to windows.

at this point I was getting really pissed, so I took out an old recovery dvd I made when I bought this laptop. i put it in let it boot from there. and nothing. it just put me back to the blue start option screen. dont know the name of it. so instead I went into the bios and set boot priority to the dvd. and again the same thing happend. I truly dont know whats going on and this makes me believe even more that my laptop needs this reset.

How can I fix this messed up recovery system or how can I reset my laptop to factory settings? those are the 2 questions I have.

:)

wilmerbeekman, Sep 21, 2020

2. restoring to factory settings

Hi Lorna,

What’s the make and model of your laptop? I’ll find the steps to get that restored to factory settings for you. Let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 21, 2020
  3. pc restore to factory settings

You made two statements:

• pc restore to factory settings
    • I am unable use pc as I have no user password
    What actually is your question?

Frederik Long, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Cant restore system factory settings.

“Restore factory settings” is missing in Windows 10 on compressed operating systems (WIMboot)

Hi Syed,

If the manufacturer set up your PC to run from a compressed Windows image file and included an option to restore factory settings, the “Restore factory settings” option will be removed after you upgrade to Windows 10, but
    other recovery options are still available. The “Restore factory settings” option is not supported in Windows 10 on compressed operating systems.

To check if your device has a compressed operating system, right-click the Start menu icon, and click
    Disk Management. If your device has a compressed operating system, you can see “Wim Boot” listed on the system drive:

Cant restore system factory settings. eab8e25b-e783-49fc-baa8-788545e6edc6.png

To restore your system to factory settings, you can undo the upgrade and restore Windows 8.1 using the “Go back to Windows 8.1” option.
    You can find this option in Settings -> Update & security ->
    Recovery. This functionality is available for 31 days after upgrading to Windows 10, provided that you do not delete the Windows.old file.
    Once you’ve used the “Go back to Windows 8.1” option, you can then perform a “Restore factory settings” from the recovery options in Windows 8.1.

Note:

• If you used a USB drive or other external storage to upgrade to Windows 10, the WIMBoot image will be removed at the end of the upgrade process.
      You will need the USB drive you used to upgrade to Windows 10 plugged into the system for “Go back” to work during the 31-day window of opportunity.

• If external storage such as a USB drive is
      not used during upgrade, the WIMBoot image will not be removed immediately. After 31 days, the WIMBoot image
      will be removed.
    For reference, you can find this listed in the Compatibility Report FAQ:

Why did I see a notification that I won't be able to restore factory settings?
    You’ll see this message if the manufacturer set up your PC to run from a compressed Windows image file and included an option to restore factory settings. After the upgrade, you won't be able to restore factory
    settings, but other recovery options will be available.

Uttam Yadav, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Cant restore system factory settings.

1. Cant restore system factory settings. - Similar Threads - Cant restore system

2. How to restore to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore to factory settings?: Hello,I am returning a HP laptop and before I do I need to delete all of my info, how do I reset to factory settings,Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-to-factory-settings/ae80b471-46d5-481f-a490-b8630079e7ca
  3. How to restore to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore to factory settings?: Hello,I am returning a HP laptop and before I do I need to delete all of my info, how do I reset to factory settings,Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-to-factory-settings/ae80b471-46d5-481f-a490-b8630079e7ca
  4. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore computer to factory settings: How do I reset a new HP computer to factory settings so I can return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/d3ce5854-fa30-4adf-b850-e67354b74a1b
  5. restore t factory settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restore t factory settings: I recently took possession of a laptop with Windows 10 home on it and I want to do a clean install on it;there is nothing on it that needs to be backed up. How do I proceed to restore the laptop to factory settings?...
  6. restore to factory setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore to factory setting: I want to clean off all personal info and photos so I can give away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/8a2f17d0-0d42-44ea-88b8-0c220f939493"
  7. Restore to factory setting

Restore to factory setting: How to restore factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-factory-setting/71ba4664-24a5-4be5-9cfd-2d912ea781d7
  8. Restore to Factory setting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore to Factory setting: I decided to restore laptop lenovo ideapad since it was running slow but it said there was a problem and nothing changed. I then clicked on startup repair and it said it was something about strttrail so i end up doing command and putting it ‘chkdisk /r /f c:’ and the problem...
  9. Restore to factory settings

Restore to factory settings: Hi I want to restore my pc to factory settings since I someone got signed in as a temporary user. I've tried many solutions to fix it but no luck. So my last option may only be to do factory reset. But here again...another problem. When I go into recovery I don't have the...
  10. Restore laptop factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore laptop factory settings: restore factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-laptop-factory-settings/3ce2106c-9dc8-4c6e-b2dc-d87236fffd06