Windows 10: Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine

Discus and support Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have made a disc imagine of my laptop and a restore USB drive. I then replaced the HDD with a new one. I have booted the laptop from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leigh_947, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Leigh_947 Win User

Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine

Hi,

I have made a disc imagine of my laptop and a restore USB drive.

I then replaced the HDD with a new one.

I have booted the laptop from the restore USB drive.

I have selected "Troubleshoot"

I have then selected System Image Recovery

I then select the system imagine and "next"

I then get an error with "Choose additional restore options"

"To restore this computer, Windows needs to format the drive that the Windows recovery environment is currently running on. To continue with the restore, shut down this computer and boot from it from a Windows installation disc or a system repair disc and then try the restore again.

I'm confused as I booted the laptop from the system restore disc to start with, any help welcome.

:)

Leigh_947, Jan 8, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 8, 2021
  3. macbeth Win User
    Notebook restore disk?

A friend of mine has a twinhead notebook. And needs to reformat it. The problem is that the restore disk is missing. So can i install windows xp on it? Will it work? How about the hardware drivers for the notebook? Where can i get them and how do i install them? And is there away i can get a copy of the restore disk?

macbeth, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine

1. Can't restore windows 10 from disk imagine - Similar Threads - Can't restore disk

2. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line: I recently added an SSD to my desktop Windows 10 machine and copied all of the files and switched the boot drive to the new SSD.The old hybrid drive was left as is with all of my files and Windows 10 on it and I've used it for three or four months off of the SSD.I just...
  3. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line: I recently added an SSD to my desktop Windows 10 machine and copied all of the files and switched the boot drive to the new SSD.The old hybrid drive was left as is with all of my files and Windows 10 on it and I've used it for three or four months off of the SSD.I just...
  4. Windows 10 Restoring Startup Disk from Command Line

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't restore Windows 10 from disk image error code 0xC0000225

Can't restore Windows 10 from disk image error code 0xC0000225: I can't boot Windows error code 0xC0000225 "A required device isn't connected or can't accessed". Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on...
  6. Can't restore Windows from disk image

Can't restore Windows from disk image: I can't boot Windows. Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on different device. Windows can't find the image. When trying to point to the...
  7. Windows 10 has a lot of imaginations! :o

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 has a lot of imaginations! :o: Hey I just found that Windows 10 has got imaginations! Normally, in the Sound pop-up in Control Panel, there's only in-built or current microphone. But, some people including me has got a virtual microphone too, the 'Stereo Mix'!!! I don't know how it come, it's in my...
  8. Can't install Windows 10 from a USB Disk

Can't install Windows 10 from a USB Disk: I have a ROG G20AJ Bios Version 0703 x64 Windows 10 Around 3 years of use. A while ago, my pc would turn on but the CPU fans would instantly stop and I wouldn't be able to interact with anything at all, just an infinite loop of turning the monitor on and off. A friend of...
  9. Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image

Why can't one simply restore a version of Windows from a Windows disk image: Hello Windows community, I have lost faith in Windows because I was unable to restore a perfect Windows 10 that I had because Isimply could not restore a version of Windows 10 that I had in the form of a Backup disk image created using Windows 10. I ended up losing the...
  10. Restore a windows 10 disk image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...