Windows 10: Can't restore windows restore point

Discus and support Can't restore windows restore point in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I need to restore my computer to a restore point that is stored in my SSD, but when I try to restore it, I get an error: system restore failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeylectro, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Jeylectro Win User

Can't restore windows restore point

So I need to restore my computer to a restore point that is stored in my SSD, but when I try to restore it, I get an error:

system restore failed to replace the file C:\progamdata\microsoft\windows\containers\baseimages\ and then some random numbers.

I can't figure out why, but I think it might be because I was being stupid and deleted some .NET framework folders thinking I could just reinstall it. I've tried running the windows media creation tools to do system update, but when I click on the shortcut, it shows the windows logo and never shows up. I tried running sfc /scannow, but it doesn't actually fix anything, and when I power on the computer, It locks me out again every time I answer my password. I managed to fix that problem by logging into windows through safe boot and rebooting, but I'm still getting the restore error. I tried to reinstall the .NET framework by running the installer, but it said that the framework was already installed. I also tried to run the repair tool, but when I ran that .exe, it told me that the user had cancelled the installation without me clicking anything.

I'm kind of at a loss as to how to get my system back to that restore point, so if anyone can help, I really need it. Thanks in advance to anyone willing.

:)

Jeylectro, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jan 10, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Works for me lol.

AsRock, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't restore windows restore point - Similar Threads - Can't restore restore

2. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  3. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete restore point: Friends,Strange problem.Restore points are deleted in a day or so after they are created. Have plenty of space allotted.One system image restore point from 7/9/21 remains and can't be deleted. I did replace a hard disc awhile back and cloned from an external drive if this...
  4. Can't delete restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  6. System restore restore point

System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  7. Can't create restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't create restore point: When trying to manually create a restore point from System Properties/System Protection tab, the process runs without ever completing. I've let it go 20 minutes and still nothing. Have to go to Task Manager to get it to stop. Based on info I had read online, I deleted all...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  10. can't create restore point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    can't create restore point: I get error message: the restore point could not be created... insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy... (0x8004231F) I have 4 gb allotted for restore points on this partition, which is my C partition, and there are no existing restore points ....