Windows 10: Can't retrieve product key from private retailer, says he no longer has it archived.

Discus and support Can't retrieve product key from private retailer, says he no longer has it archived. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I run a custom built PC with Windows 10 Pro x64. I bought the thing from a private retailer, who custom built the machine based on my last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrandonThomason1, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Can't retrieve product key from private retailer, says he no longer has it archived.

Hello. I run a custom built PC with Windows 10 Pro x64. I bought the thing from a private retailer, who custom built the machine based on my last machine's specs, but upgraded. He activated windows, but never sent me the product key. I am trying to install a fresh copy of windows on a virtual machine to test something briefly, but the virtual machine, after creating an ISO disk via windows creation tool, asks me to input a valid key. I tried looking on my pc box and within various cmd prompt locations and on Product ID page, but no where can I locate it. I don't want to and can't spend money on a product that will show me the key. Is there a free way to get my product key, or am I SOL like most other users?

:)

BrandonThomason1, Jun 28, 2020

2. How to retrieve the product key for Windows 7 Professional Upgrade now that the link, www.windows7.com/getkey is no longer available?

I have a retail card, the PIN still unscratched, that will allow me to retrieve the Product Key for Windows 7 Professional Anytime Upgrade from Home Premium. However, the link - www.windows7.com/getkey - to retrieve the Product Key, it seems, is no longer
    available, how then do I retrieve the Product Key?

Thank you

Micky Choo, Jun 28, 2020
  3. How to retain the lost product key?

There is nothing you can do. The software itself is nothing. All of the money is in the product key. Throw that away and the only recourse is to buy Windows again in order to get a new key.

At least if he buys Windows from the Windows Store his product key is preserved in his Store account permanently and he can retrieve it just by logging in. I suggest that his next step is to purchase Windows from the Windows Store. He won't have to reinstall
    Windows if he buys the same edition as is on the hard drive now.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Can't retrieve product key from private retailer, says he no longer has it archived.

Retrieve product key from windows image backup

You cannot retrieve it from a backup but if your OS was activated you do not need it to do a clean install.. Simply skip the step where it asks for a key by saying do it later

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't retrieve product key from private retailer, says he no longer has it archived.

1. Can't retrieve product key from private retailer, says he no longer has it archived. - Similar Threads - Can't retrieve product

2. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  3. product key retrieval

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key retrieval: My son originally had an windows 8.1 that he upgraded to windows 10. Recently we changed out his motherboard, cpu and ram. I completely forgot about making sure it was linked to his microsoft account. So now we need to activate it and can't. He has the original product key...
  4. Retrieve Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  5. Retrieve Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Product Key: Can anyone advise me how to retrieve my WIN Pro Plus 2010 Product Key located in my PC order that I can "Activate" my Win Pro Plus 2010? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-product-key/41a604ee-f6f0-4e52-97ea-35026f7d9d7a
  6. Retrieve Product Key

7. Can't retrieve Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't retrieve Windows Product Key: My laptop showed a message that my Windows license was going to end and said to active. I did not know what to do. After some days the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared in bottom right corner. I was using my laptop just like that. Few days ago, I had to reinstall windows...
  8. Can't retrieve Windows Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't retrieve Windows Product Key: My laptop showed a message that my Windows license was going to end and said to active. I did not know what to do. After some days the "Activate Windows" watermark appeared in bottom right corner. I was using my laptop just like that. Few days ago, I had to reinstall windows...
  9. Retrieve Product Key

Retrieve Product Key: Hi, I have reset my computer and can´t remember the product key for my MS Office - student. I made the purchase online. Have gone through my email but still can´t find it. How can I retrieve it?...
  10. product key retrieval

product key retrieval: Tricky question : I have a surface pro3 purchased with original OEM version of Win10 home. Boxes thrown away years ago. It was upgraded by corporate IT to Win10 enterprise and in doing so they completely wiped the restore drive. I now wish to use this PC with Win10 home...