Windows 10: Can't reverse the scroll wheel on bluetooth mouse with HP Elitebook

Discus and support Can't reverse the scroll wheel on bluetooth mouse with HP Elitebook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) Product: HP Elitebook 360 G6 1040 My employer has always issued a Lenovo laptop until last month - we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deedee-Em, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Deedee-Em Win User

Can't reverse the scroll wheel on bluetooth mouse with HP Elitebook

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Product: HP Elitebook 360 G6 1040

My employer has always issued a Lenovo laptop until last month - we now use an HP Elitebook 360 G6 1040. I've had a personal MacBook Pro for over 10 years. The Apple magic mouse scrolls the opposite of a PC mouse wheel. On all the Lenovos, I made a regedit to the 'FlipFlopWheel', changing it from '0' to '1'. This reversed my PC bluetooth mouse scroll wheel to match the magic mouse. I'm now going crazy between work and home because the regedit change had no effect on the new HP. One of the techs even added the same registry entry for a bluetooth mouse to no avail. So I brought my home magic mouse in and paired it with the HP. It pairs though doesn't scroll at all. There's a 3rd party utility that won't guarantee it can make the Apple mouse scroll on a PC. Why has a registry change worked on all prior laptops and not this one? Is it because we went from 32 to 64 bit? Please help - I'm in constant frustration mode since I scroll all day long no matter where I am. Trackpad isn't an option. I need the precision of a mouse.

I posted this to HP support. One answer was to get a different mouse - I tried 2 PC mice. The other answer was to send me the instructions to reverse the scroll wheel, which I explained I had already done. HP was useless.

Thanks so much for advice on how to fix this.

:)

Deedee-Em, Oct 12, 2019

2. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

Great answer. Too bad it's not for the question that the OP asked, which was;

"How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS"

ShrykePotPie, Oct 12, 2019
  3. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

It is ridiculous that there is no obvious way to reverse the scroll wheel in the mouse menu!

xcski-surf, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Can't reverse the scroll wheel on bluetooth mouse with HP Elitebook

How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

For those wondering... Since it's not mentioned what Registry Key Damian is talking about, Take a look at the blog post done by Kevin Becker called

Reverse Scrolling on Windows 8
    . This will give you reverse scrolling in most applications in windows 10 even though there isn't a configuration option for it in Control Panel > Mouse & Trackpad Settings.

GeneralRedneck, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't reverse the scroll wheel on bluetooth mouse with HP Elitebook

1. Can't reverse the scroll wheel on bluetooth mouse with HP Elitebook - Similar Threads - Can't reverse scroll

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  3. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scroll Wheel: If i press the mouse button it goes into like a auto scroll wheel mode where my cursor turns into a little ball with two arrows one under it pointing down one over it pointing up and a circle around it how do i disable this because it activates even when im scrolling...
  4. Mouse Scroll Wheel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...

Wireless mouse wheel not scrolling...: Since I have installed the latest upgrade on Win10, the scroll wheel on 3 different wireless "mice" has stopped scrolling. I have done everything that I can think to do.I just installed a wired mouse and it scrolls fine.Any ideas on what's going on?...
  6. Reverse Mouse Wheel scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverse Mouse Wheel scroll: Hello, I want to reverse the mouse wheel scrolling direction for my user-account as a non-administrator user. How do I achieve that? Sincerely, Nikos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-mouse-wheel-scroll/657c4537-f346-4b8b-99f8-9e1f52cd94c2
  7. reverse a front facing camera on hp elitebook

reverse a front facing camera on hp elitebook: How do I reverse the front facing camera to rear facing? Tried control panel and device manager but still can't do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-a-front-facing-camera-on-hp-elitebook/b9d2ea4e-7e1d-496a-befd-29d6e6285ca9
  8. Microsoft Modern Mouse Bluetooth Scroll Wheel not working.

Microsoft Modern Mouse Bluetooth Scroll Wheel not working.: the scroll wheel on my Microsoft Modern Mouse Bluetooth stopped working. I have done all troubleshooting steps: system updates, installed Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center, disconnected mouse and reconnected. Nothing has worked yet. Haven't yet tried it on a different PC....
  9. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  10. Mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll wheel: Mouse scroll wheel now scrolls sound volume instead of document pages. How do I get it back to normal; why did it happen inadvertently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-scroll-wheel/848db64a-5a4b-472f-8216-c3950b05e79e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reverse scroll bluetouch mouse

2. how to reverse mouse wheel windows 10