Windows 10: Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

Discus and support Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoaquinVelasco, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

Hi, I've been having this issue since yesterday. When I try to open the context menu for an executable to, let´s say, launch it as administrator, the cursor appears as loading and the context menu won't appear. I can right-click folders and images, my problem seems to be only linked to Executables.

Also, I tried disabling all the third party context menu elements with ShexView, but it didn't work. I need help.

Edit: When launching in safe mode It works perfectly fine, hope that works to diagnose my issue.

:)

JoaquinVelasco, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, Mar 18, 2019
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Mar 18, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes. :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes.

1. Can't right click .exes, explorer crashes. - Similar Threads - Can't right click

2. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  3. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  4. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  5. file Explorer on right click crashing

file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  6. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  7. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  8. explorer crashes right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes right click: File explorer shuts down randomly during file transfers, but more often after a right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-right-click/937d7dcf-f8c0-46e8-a8bd-a8a9f8c56f15
  9. explorer crashes on right mouse click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes on right mouse click: File Explorer crashes when right mouse button is clicked to bring up sub menu. Also crashes randomly when drives are accessed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-on-right-mouse-click/dae788e5-919f-4044-8bfa-7de288b564f2
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170