Windows 10: cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc

Discus and support cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I right click the mouse on the desktop or in any folder it shows the busy circular pointer icon and then it just disappears as does the folder I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndyBaciocco, Sep 8, 2019.

1. cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc

When I right click the mouse on the desktop or in any folder it shows the busy circular pointer icon and then it just disappears as does the folder I was in. When my cursor hovers over the world "new" it highlights it but then the busy icon shows up and there is no box opened that would show folder, document, text document , etc.

:)

AndyBaciocco, Sep 8, 2019

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc

1. cant right click mouse to create new folder, document, etc - Similar Threads - cant right click

2. Cant create new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant create new folder: I cant create a new folder and when i press ctrl+shift+n it asks what shortcut should it make, ive also tried all the registery stuff i saw from other posts but its all fine in the registery...
  3. cant create folders text document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant create folders text document: hello one thing is gone. i can't create a folder for anything else like before. drop photosi am adding another photo what i am missing is outlined. i tried to create a new user the same problem remainsmy windows is updated to the latest version...
  4. cant create folders text document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant create folders text document: hello one thing is gone. i can't create a folder for anything else like before. drop photosi am adding another photo what i am missing is outlined. i tried to create a new user the same problem remainsmy windows is updated to the latest version...
  5. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  6. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  7. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. right click using mouse pad etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click using mouse pad etc: how do you right click with a dell mouse pad pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-using-mouse-pad-etc/6ba8fd73-f788-46ac-a2a8-edcc4b8eaca5
  9. Unable to create New Folder upon right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create New Folder upon right click: I cant open new folder with a right click of the mouse ***Original Title: Right click on mouse not working after update*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folder-upon-right-click/3d177862-5bc1-4160-bfd0-d8d13fd7d2de
  10. Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document: I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I just noticed today that a right click in a folder does not have anything other than New Folder under New. Windows 7 had several choices (Folder,Shortcut,Rich Text Document, Text Document, Wave Sound and more). My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no create doc mouse right click\