Windows 10: Can't right click on Start, mouse cursor away from start

Discus and support Can't right click on Start, mouse cursor away from start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am having an issue similar to this thread,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BenjaminXY, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Can't right click on Start, mouse cursor away from start

Hi,

I am having an issue similar to this thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-right-click-windows-10-start-menu-button/4e9adee9-3e41-4338-974a-5fa4f3996524

However, I have not uninstalled some VPN applications or such. Here is a GIF the OG of that submission posted, I have the exact same issue.

http://gph.is/1r2qEts

I've tried this already: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-fix-problems-with-start-menu

And it's exactly as Dikma has detailed, when I created a new local account it worked, but singing back in to my original account did not help like it did for him...

I hope you can help me.

:)

BenjaminXY, Sep 7, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Cursor turning invisible without warning

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists if the cursor is not changed and using the default mouse cursor for both gaming and accessing the computer. If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices/touchpad.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and click on uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Can't right click on Start, mouse cursor away from start

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't right click on Start, mouse cursor away from start

1. Can't right click on Start, mouse cursor away from start - Similar Threads - Can't right click

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  6. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Right click on mouse, mouse cursor animation stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click on mouse, mouse cursor animation stuck: Hello everyone, I installed csgo and I had to change screen to full screen instead of "windowed". After I did that I tried to go to desktop where I could change some settings about displaying black bars. When I tried right click on mouse, the loading animation just got...
  8. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  9. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  10. Mouse won't right click on start

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't right click on start: This is on an ACER laptop. Fresh install (not upgrade) and activation of WIN 10 Pro. The mouse (or external USB mouse) won't work using right click over the start icon. It will right click anywhere else, on the other parts of the taskbar, on the desktop, in apps...everywhere...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see cursor windows