Windows 10: Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start

Discus and support Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've tried so many things to fix this, spent hours searching every google forum, and can't find ANYTHING that will help me. There's another post on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrazycolinPro, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start

So I've tried so many things to fix this, spent hours searching every google forum, and can't find ANYTHING that will help me. There's another post on here where you put a command in powershell and that doesn't seem to be working. Some people say their anti-virus software caused the issue and i uninstalled mine and still nothing! Please help, I'll try everything that's commented even if I've done it before.

I believe I got the message saying start menu and cortana aren't working and that they'll work on startup. I dont remember getting it but after reading about an issue where someone mentioned it I vaguely remember just ignoring it. If you need any specs, I'll provide them. I keep trying to ignore this issue but would really like to try and fix it.

:)

CrazycolinPro, Oct 2, 2015
  2. anaylor01 Win User

Right click or double click on Windows taskbar clock and add alarm or task

Just like the Subject says:

Right click or double click on Windows taskbar clock and add alarm or task

anaylor01, Oct 2, 2015
  3. Right click or double click on Windows taskbar clock and add alarm or task

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As of now there is no option to add alarm or task when we double click on taskbar clock, however you can provide us your feedback in the feedback app.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 2, 2015
  4. mama1050 Win User

Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start

I have the same problem and have GIVEN UP. I can't access the screen people keep telling me to go to even though I am set up as administrator. I will just keep hoping MS comes up with an update. The last two days I have spent MORE than 8 hrs with tech support only to be told that I have to contact some other area of Microsoft. I pay over $40 a yr. for MSN Premium to continue to have email access and I can only get onto MSN now through Firefox. I have decided I will not continue with them unless they correct the issues. I do not need the stress. These forums are great BUT if you are not computer savvy you cannot understand all the responses. People need go respond to people like they are talking to Windows for Dummies readers. lol!*Smile

mama1050, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Was this a upgrade or a clean install? If an upgrade did you uninstall your anti-virus beforehand?

In any case you might try an in-place upgrade which may be more stable, be sure to uninstall any third party anti virus before.

fracking4oil, Oct 2, 2015
  6. Im not exactly sure what the difference is. I didn't do a clean install if that means starting fresh and losing all you files, and no i didn't uninstall my anti-virus software before hand. I haven't seen this suggestion anywhere else (the in-place upgrade) so I'll try and and get back to you

CrazycolinPro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start

1. Can't Right Click Taskbar or Use Cortana/Start - Similar Threads - Can't Right Click

2. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  3. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  4. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar unresponsive, can't right click on it: I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed, the task bar is unresponsive when I log in and I'm unable to access settings, Please help me submitted by /u/thebodmon [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't right click anything in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  7. Cortana Is Not Showing On Taskbar. Even When I Right Click On The Taskbar, Cortana settings...

in Cortana
    Cortana Is Not Showing On Taskbar. Even When I Right Click On The Taskbar, Cortana settings...: Do You See It? Please Help!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-showing-on-taskbar-even-when-i/45b4cb48-de1c-4c3a-a7bc-d0f74dc6b8a5
  8. Can't right click using touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't right click using touchpad: Hi, I'm having trouble with my moms PC (Acer laptop). Right clicking is not working, but left click is working fine. I went to the trackpad settings and first checked that "Use two fingers to right click" was checked, and it was. Then I tried checking the other option...
  9. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....
  10. Lost <winkey+x> and <right-click> on start icon + can't pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost <winkey+x> and <right-click> on start icon + can't pin to taskbar: Up until several hours ago, I could either press the Windows key ("winkey") + X, or <right-click> on the Windows icon at the left end of the task bar to pop up a very handy menu. Clicking on the Windows icon still pops open the Start Menu, though. Also, I can no longer pin...