Windows 10: Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping

Discus and support Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to crop an image into a square, then rotate it so it's upright. But every time I try to straighten it, the app zooms in, then crops parts of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MadeleineDougherty, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping

I want to crop an image into a square, then rotate it so it's upright. But every time I try to straighten it, the app zooms in, then crops parts of the image I want to keep. I can't zoom back out. I was able to crop and rotate a different image last night without any problems. Here's the part of the image I want: Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping a1f9c841-3b79-4ac3-9840-0b16e83f57d3?upload=true.png

And here's what happens when I try to straighten it: Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping 5ecb7402-b679-4159-8564-a294dbd4e73a?upload=true.png

Any idea how I can get the app to work the way it usually does?

:)

MadeleineDougherty, Mar 17, 2020

2. MS Photos default setting to Crop and Rotate

Hi. We use MS Photos to crop hundreds and hundreds of photos every week. Is there any way to set a default that when we move from one image to the next MS Photos automatically brings us the Crop and Rotate screen? At present, once we save an image and
    click on the next arrow, we have to click through several screens to get back to the Crop and Rotate screen.

Thanks.

MarkMcDonough45, Mar 17, 2020
  3. MS Photos default setting to Crop and Rotate

Hello Mark,

Currently, the easiest way to go to the Crop and Rotate option is by selecting the Edit option or by pressing the Ctrl + E shortcut. This is default by design.
    We recommend that you post your feedback and suggestion regarding the Photos App through Microsoft's Feedback Hub. To create some new feedback, you may follo0w the steps provided in this link.

Feel free to post your query should you need help.

Vanessa Oca, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping

Rotating photos while cropping

When I am cropping a photo in Windows Live Photo Gallery, I no longer [in Windows 10] see a button for Rotate Frame and cannot find a way to turn a vertical photo into a horizontal by cropping. Help!

MarkWieting, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping

1. Can't rotate an image without it automatically cropping - Similar Threads - Can't rotate image

2. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  3. auto cropping thumbnail and preview image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto cropping thumbnail and preview image: Hello,i'm looking for a way to unable the auto-cropping preview image.i added an image file to the folder that is shared via Onedrive.the issue is that the thumbnail image on the icon and the preview are cropped automatically so that i actualy have to open the file to see the...
  4. Photo app auto cropping image

Photo app auto cropping image: I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to...
  5. Image Rotation and EXIF

in Windows 10 Support
    Image Rotation and EXIF: I'm aware of how EXIF values work to indicate how an image should be rotated to be right way up. But that runs into problems when using software that doesn't automatically orient images according to the EXIF values. What I want is to be able to fix images so that they are...
  6. Unwanted Image Rotation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unwanted Image Rotation: Hello, I am dragging several images at once from a Dropbox file opened with File Explorer into auction software on the internet. About half of the images are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when they are transferred causing time wasted rotating each one back. I...
  7. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos: I'm trying to create a slide-show of my holiday photos and wish to crop one or two photos. But my Crop & Rotate function in Photos (Windows 10) seems to be playing up. I want to crop the photo from the bottom up and NOWHERE else. However, when I drag the 'white arrows'...
  8. automatic screen rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic screen rotation: I used to be able to put my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series laptop computer in the tent mode and the screen would automatically rotate. It quit doing that all of a sudden. How can I fix that? I know how to go into display and change setting... It used to do it automatically....
  9. Automatically Rotate Lock Screen/Sign In Without Windows Spotlight

Automatically Rotate Lock Screen/Sign In Without Windows Spotlight: There are plenty of how to's showing the procedure using Windows Spotlight but I do not want to use that nor do I want a slide show and in addition I would prefer not to install any software that would accomplish this although a completely self sustained portable app would be...
  10. Prevent image cropping on live folders

Prevent image cropping on live folders: I don't like the way W10 crops images on live folders to square whereas previous versions resized the image. I have an extensive TV and Movie library which I've setup with posters on all folders. Can this setting be changed for Windows 10? I've included captures showing...