Windows 10: Can't run 2 apps at once

Discus and support Can't run 2 apps at once in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to write a document on Word while looking for examples on Chrome. I used split screen but the problem is this. When i click on Chrome, Word... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dummyZW, Nov 8, 2020.

1. dummyZW Win User

Can't run 2 apps at once

I'm trying to write a document on Word while looking for examples on Chrome. I used split screen but the problem is this. When i click on Chrome, Word stops and I can't type there, only when I click back on Word i can type again. It's a minor issue but it's really annoying. Can someone help me?

:)

dummyZW, Nov 8, 2020

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 8, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't run 2 apps at once :cool:

jmcslob, Nov 8, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't run 2 apps at once

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't run 2 apps at once

1. Can't run 2 apps at once - Similar Threads - Can't run apps

2. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  3. I can't run fallout 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't run fallout 2: I can't run fallout 2 on steam whenever I start the game it freezes to a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-run-fallout-2/75613972-3666-4ab6-a498-3f3c6f3aad28
  4. Multiple versions of an app running at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple versions of an app running at once: So I had to uninstall the Minecraft Launcher and reinstall it a few time due to loading issues. However, now it keeps saying that I have 6 versions of the Minecraft Launcher open in task manager. It says 'Minecraft Launcher 6. I have to be on the launcher for it to show up as...
  5. Multiple versions of an app running at once

Multiple versions of an app running at once: So I had to uninstall the Minecraft Launcher and reinstall it a few time due to loading issues. However, now it keeps saying that I have 6 versions of the Minecraft Launcher open in task manager. It says 'Minecraft Launcher 6. I have to be on the launcher for it to show up as...
  6. 'This app can't run on this device'.

'This app can't run on this device'.: I have tried to install VirtualBox 5.2 on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I open the installer I get the error:'This app can't run because is causes security or performance issues on Windows.'How do I get around this?...
  7. Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar has 2 selected apps at once. Is this a bug?: Hello everyone!guest273 here!Now I don't know if this is a bug or a 'unwanted feature', but the issue I'm having is:Usually when I start my day on Windows 10 I open multiple apps and simply select 1 app on the task bar by clicking on it - either if it's a game or Google...
  8. Can I make 2 calls at once with a laptop app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I make 2 calls at once with a laptop app?: I connected the Your Phone companion app and was wondering if I can receive a call on my laptop while my phone is in a call? Reason is, my mom has a doctor's appointment over the phone, and I'm expecting a call from my dad's hospital too just at an unspecified time...
  9. I cannot open more than 2 apps at once.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot open more than 2 apps at once.: I've got a new PC a week ago, a good one so I'm assuming my PC is not the one that causes the issue. Everytime I try to open multiple app windows 2-3+ one of them crashes and as soon as I close one of them and reopen the one I was trying to open it works perfectly fine....
  10. 2 Onenote windows at once?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    2 Onenote windows at once?: Hi, is there any way to open 2 Onenote windows at once in Windows 10? I really miss this feature (along with the screen clipping that also seems to have disappeared or moved) 47560