Windows 10: Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8...

Discus and support Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, So, I'm trying to run a game. Everything is installed correctly, but when I go to run the disc had to do it virtual since I lost the original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheMax1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. TheMax1 Win User

Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8...

Hello,

So, I'm trying to run a game. Everything is installed correctly, but when I go to run the disc had to do it virtual since I lost the original CD but made a virtual backup years ago - all legal nothing comes up.
    I'm running Windows 10 Home an abomination, to be honest and I've tried every conceivable idea to get it running to no avail.

There isn't even a pop-up; just the blue loading halo that lasts 1 second and then nothing.
    I disabled Secure Boot, ran bdcedit.exe etc... but still couldn't run start srv secdrv error 1275.

My understanding is that securom isn't on Windows 10, but then why do I get the message saying it's blocked because of the said error?

This worked on Windows XP Pro, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1 but not the junk that is Windows 10.

I just want to play this game and seemingly I can't because of an operating system designed by dunderheads.
    I've a hunch it could work with Secure Boot enabled...

Oh, Windows Compatability, Run as Administrator, Graphics reduction etc... doesn't help.

:)

TheMax1, Jul 16, 2020

2. Windows 8 rollback to 7 or XP

I've stepped back to 7 from 8 there are more and better drivers for 7 .and its close enough to 7 in use she'd like it

theoneandonlymrk, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Windows 8 rollback to 7 or XP

From a quick glance at the parts, I'd say you have a decent chance of running Windows XP - that is, if you really want to. All the Windows 7 and "fixed" Windows 8 suggestions are better course to pursue.

He didn't say he was her tech or anything like that. Could be her butcher or dentist for all we know *Wink Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8... ;)

Jizzler, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8...

Windows 8 rollback to 7 or XP

Not a good idea. MS doesn't support XP anymore. Its about as secure and Sponge Bobs skull. Install Windows 7.

TheMailMan78, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8...

1. Can't run a game designed for Windows XP, 7 and 8... - Similar Threads - Can't run game

2. Windows 8, VMCPropertyhandler.dll and Windows XP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8, VMCPropertyhandler.dll and Windows XP: Hi!I have an old hard-disc not SSD and would like to run windows XP on that direct. My new disc since some years is a SSD disc with no windows XP mode. I have installed the windows XP mode but didn't have disc of XP. But the old disc has windows XP mode and my XP application...
  3. Windows 8, VMCPropertyhandler.dll and Windows XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8, VMCPropertyhandler.dll and Windows XP: Hi!I have an old hard-disc not SSD and would like to run windows XP on that direct. My new disc since some years is a SSD disc with no windows XP mode. I have installed the windows XP mode but didn't have disc of XP. But the old disc has windows XP mode and my XP application...
  4. Windows 7 to Windows XP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to Windows XP: Dear Support Team,Is there a possibility to downgrade a Windows 7 machine to Windows XP. Most of our plant automation are done using Windows XP 32 bit. We need to use our Windows 7 machines to cater this request. Please advice....
  5. running windows xp games on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    running windows xp games on windows 10: hi there, so im trying to run windows xp games on windows 10 the one i want to run is dinner dash and the pop cap games and i see such bad performace on windows 10 on thease games. and i have no idea why. the games flicker and randomly close i have them running on windows 10...
  6. running windows xp games on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    running windows xp games on windows 10: hi there, so im trying to run windows xp games on windows 10 the one i want to run is dinner dash and the pop cap games and i see such bad performace on windows 10 on thease games. and i have no idea why. the games flicker and randomly close i have them running on windows 10...
  7. Can I play game designed for windows xp on windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I play game designed for windows xp on windows 10 pc: I’ve bought a new computer running windows 10. I have some windows xp games that I like. Can I start them on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-play-game-designed-for-windows-xp-on-windows/67d0b96d-3eaa-4678-a496-82ef3e69c53a
  8. run windows xp of windows 7 program in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run windows xp of windows 7 program in windows 10: I need to run a dbase III program on windows 10 that I used to run on windows XP and windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-windows-xp-of-windows-7-program-in-windows-10/065ac656-4fd2-476a-a1fa-b1bd1afbe24e
  9. Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting a program designed for Win 8 to run on Win 10: I purchased a program that was apparently designed to run on Win 8 for my Win 10 PC (all are current versions) and am unable to get it to run. The program is ShadowFX from Stardock Software. Is there something I can do to make such a program run on Win 10? Thanks....
  10. Gaming mouse not working in Window 10 but working at window xp ,7 ,and 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming mouse not working in Window 10 but working at window xp ,7 ,and 8.: Banda v7 Gaming mouse Manufactures :OEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/gaming-mouse-not-working-in-window-10-but-working/be12303e-8fd9-4b90-8e78-6534d5ab7e1b