Windows 10: Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

Discus and support Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Muxwr, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Muxwr Win User

Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: adb:String [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundExceptionSeems like I'm missing all modules, even the most basic ones. Tried basic advices from google, clean installed windows 11 home, tried with another local user, contacted useless microsoft support - nothi

:)

Muxwr, Apr 26, 2022
  2. tcebob Win User

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

I tried the suggested command and it does work manually in Power Shell. But Task Scheduler chokes on it.

Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell [​IMG]

If i say "Yes" it breaks up the command string to "%C:\program" with the rest of the command as an argument.

tcebob, Apr 26, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 26, 2022
  4. tcebob Win User

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

The screen shots show results of running Code:
    in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on using PS. This has worked for a couple of years but after recent updates has stopped.

How can I force Task Scheduler to use Cmd? Or how can I fix PS to recognize /@?

tcebob, Apr 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell - Similar Threads - Can't run almost

2. Command Prompt/PowerShell/Terminal doesn't give any output when running almost any .exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt/PowerShell/Terminal doesn't give any output when running almost any .exe...: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed on it.I have noticed that I cannot run almost any .exe file within the Command Prompt, Terminal nor PowerShell to execute.It doesn't give me any output at all.See the screenshot:my PATH variables looks ok:I have tried...
  3. Command Prompt/PowerShell/Terminal doesn't give any output when running almost any .exe...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt/PowerShell/Terminal doesn't give any output when running almost any .exe...: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro installed on it.I have noticed that I cannot run almost any .exe file within the Command Prompt, Terminal nor PowerShell to execute.It doesn't give me any output at all.See the screenshot:my PATH variables looks ok:I have tried...
  4. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell: Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo :...
  5. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  6. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  7. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Powershell with CMD/c to run external command with Parameters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell with CMD/c to run external command with Parameters: Greeting, I have an old command line application call Commandline.exe. it run with a parameter to check then show the result. but it need extra "Enter" to confirm like: commandline.exe -s 4567890 So I preparing the an answer file which is on an "Enter" crlf...
  9. Cannot run linux command directly from cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run linux command directly from cmd/powershell: Recently, I upgraded my windows to 2004 from 1909. I notice that I cannot run command like "xxx grep xx" from command line anymore. Initially I thought that is because I have WSL2 Ubuntu distro now, but converting Ubuntu to WSL1 didn't help the problem. On Win10 2004:...
  10. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...