Windows 10: Can't run any .exe files due to a system error

Discus and support Can't run any .exe files due to a system error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Anytime I try to run a program like Steam.exe I get a "The Code Execution cannot proceed because C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Kernel.appcore.dll was not found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanCo23, Aug 18, 2018.

1. DanCo23 Win User

Can't run any .exe files due to a system error

Anytime I try to run a program like Steam.exe I get a "The Code Execution cannot proceed because C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Kernel.appcore.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. The issue is nothing works. I tried a SFC Scan and it identifies a corrupt file but can't fix it. I even tried to reset the computer and it won't let me reset it. What can I do???

:)

DanCo23, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Can't run exe file

Hi,

Please answer these questions so that we may assist you better.

• Do you receive any error code or error messages while executing the .exe file? If yes, What is it?
    • Is the issue with Windows programs or other third party programs?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue occurring?
    Ensure that you have administrative privileges to run the .exe file.

You may right click on a .exe file and select run as an administrator and check.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Can't run any .exe files due to a system error

Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Can't run any .exe files due to a system error

1. Can't run any .exe files due to a system error - Similar Threads - Can't run exe

2. I can't run any exe fileThe file directory is corrupted and unreadable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't run any exe fileThe file directory is corrupted and unreadable.: [ATTACH] When executing exe files I get this error: The file directory is corrupt and unreadable. I scanned drive c but the problem was not resolved....
  3. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  4. No exe files will run!

No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Cannot run any exe files

Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  6. I can't run .exe files.

I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  7. File System Error Code -1073741819 .exe files will not run (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File System Error Code -1073741819 .exe files will not run (Windows 10): Application files .exe are blocked from starting on my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. File System Error Code -1073741819. I can't find reference to this particular error code anywhere on the internet or Microsoft. I want to re-install Windows 10, but since .exe files will not...
  8. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  9. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  10. Can't run any .exe after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run any .exe after upgrade: I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error: [img] I don't know what to do. 14041

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant run any .exe files

2. cant run .exe

3. cant run exe file system error

4. cant run any exe files,
  5. windows cant run any exe