Windows 10: Can't run any programs or open any files after disk repair.

Discus and support Can't run any programs or open any files after disk repair. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a notification that windows needed to restart after solving a disk error (I don't remember the exact wording). After the restart and entering my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikedmp, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Mikedmp Win User

Can't run any programs or open any files after disk repair.

Got a notification that windows needed to restart after solving a disk error (I don't remember the exact wording). After the restart and entering my PIN, it got stuck on the welcome screen, loading, for over 2 hours. I fixed this with a suggestion from another post on here, to unplug any usb devices. So now I can get to the desktop. However, thats about it. I can open folders that are on the desktop, but can't open any files inside. Can select multiple icons and move them around. After restarting again, sometimes I can open the start menu and/or the notification tab. Sometimes those don't work either. Can't run any programs or open any files, can't open task manager. If start menu opens, nothing in it responds when clicked. If I press Win + R, the run command window opens, but if I enter a command like 'msconfig' and press enter, the window just closes and nothing happens. Im at a loss, I dont know what to try because there's not much I can do.

:)

Mikedmp, Dec 28, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 28, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

repair programs

Hi Barbara, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run any programs or open any files after disk repair. - Similar Threads - Can't run programs

2. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open any files.: I'm having an issue opening files on my computer running Windows 10. I've done the latest cumulative update. What's happening is when I open File Explorer and go to the Downloads folder or any folder to open a file, nothing happens. Not even the usual cursor spin, nor does...
  3. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any files.: I'm having an issue opening files on my computer running Windows 10. I've done the latest cumulative update. What's happening is when I open File Explorer and go to the Downloads folder or any folder to open a file, nothing happens. Not even the usual cursor spin, nor does...
  4. Can't open any files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't open any files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open any files: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to fix this ??? submitted by /u/MichaelBlacky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icktdz/cant_open_any_files/
  6. I Can't open any .exe program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Can't open any .exe program: I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open an .exe application, Windows shows "Open the file with.." and this is only for .exe files apparently i tried using the...
  7. Can't open any program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open any program as administrator: I am tryning to run cmd, powershell, etc as administrator, but showing error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.". I also can't intall any applications. What should I do now?...
  8. Can't open any programs in Windows 10

Can't open any programs in Windows 10: A few days ago, I suddenly couldn't open any programs on my PC. I did a reinstall of Windows 10 and it seemed to be fine until the next day where it was the same as before. Anyone have an idea of what could potentially be the problem? I'm able to open everything in safe mode...
  9. I can't open any program

I can't open any program: Hi! My name is Beltrán. Today my laptop just got a windows update and, when I turned it on after finishing installing the update, it worked just fine. The problem appeared like 1 or 2 minutes later. I wanted to open Chrome but, when I pressed on the icon, it wouldn't open...
  10. Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs: Hi! I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this: [img] [img] I tried to change the Default Program, to convert the files, but nothing helped... If somebody recognizes the problem, please help...