Windows 10: Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges

Discus and support Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i have a problem with system programs. When i try to run any system program, nothing happens unless i run it as an administrator. So when i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Damca159, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Damca159 Win User

Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges

Hello, i have a problem with system programs. When i try to run any system program, nothing happens unless i run it as an administrator. So when i try to run task manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc, nothing happens. This usually happens after i install/repair some program, and i can fix it only when i load up an backup. Please help me, i cant work with my pc when this happens so often..

:)

Damca159, Jan 18, 2021
  2. ADSJD Win User

Running with Administrator Privileges

I have at least two programs that when started give a message to not run with Administrator privileges. I am not running those programs with Administrator privileges. I have checked each program and applicable shortcut and the "Run as Administrator"
    box is not checked under Preferences, but the program still thinks it is being run in an elevated mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ADSJD, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Ruin350 Win User
    Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore will not run. When I try, the computer sits idle for 2-3 minutes and then says "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." I haven't been able to find a solutions to this issue anywhere else online. The only suggestions I've found for similar problems involve running maintenance tasks (which won't run) or editing the registry (which I also can't do). Any other suggestions?

PC Specs:
    Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD
    CPU: AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition Processor
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB GAMING
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin UDIMM Memory
    MICRON MT8JTF25664AZ-1G4D1 2GB (2GBx2) DDR3

Ruin350, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges

Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges

1. Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Can't run system

2. How to use run with administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use run with administrator privileges: Hey so quick question here so how do you make run execute command with administrator privileges the one that pops up by pressing windows and r key together for ex: I open run and type cmd the cmd shall start with admin privileges. Bye!...
  3. Run apps without Administrator privilege

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run apps without Administrator privilege: HelloWhen I run PowerShell or Command Prompt program, they are started with Administrator privilege, that is, their window title is following Administrator: Windows PowerShell, Administrator: Command Prompt. Of course, my login account is "sun", which have Administrator...
  4. Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's

Run as Administrator or Administrator Privilege's: Hello Community; I have an HP Desktop with OS of Windows 10. SCENERIO; I used to be able to RIGHT click on the start icon the bottom left of the desktop and in the dropdown list there was " RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR or ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILAGES " but now when I right click on the...
  5. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  6. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  7. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  8. Can't open any program as administrator

Can't open any program as administrator: I am tryning to run cmd, powershell, etc as administrator, but showing error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.". I also can't intall any applications. What should I do now?...
  9. Can't run any apps as administrator

Can't run any apps as administrator: Hi, I am trying to run programs that require administrator privileges but it gives me a message saying "This App Can't Run On Your PC. To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher". This happens even when I try to run CMD as administrator. I tried...
  10. Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore...