Windows 10: Can't run .application file.

Discus and support Can't run .application file. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to run a .application file from shipstation.com. EVerytime i do it claims the administrator has blocked the app because it potentially poses... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Italiano_nc, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Can't run .application file.

I'm trying to run a .application file from shipstation.com. EVerytime i do it claims the administrator has blocked the app because it potentially poses a security risk. I have tried unblocking it, tried running it from an Admin CMD prompt, tried installing it in safe mode with networking, and nothing works. Can someone please tell me what is blocking this?

Thank you

:)

Italiano_nc, Feb 22, 2021

2. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Can't run .application file.

Saving/Opening files crashes applications

Let's further isolate your concern about the File Explorer. We'd like to gather additional information to resolve this issue. Please answer the following:

• Did you install any recent application before this happened?
    • Have you tried clearing the history of the File Explorer? To do this, open File Explorer
      > View > Options > Change Folder and search options
      > Privacy > Clear File Explorer History >
      Clear > OK.

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the netsh and winsock reset as an initial troubleshooting step to fix any network related issue that may be affecting your device. To do this, you may check these steps:

• Type cmd in the search box > right-click Command Prompt >
      Run as administrator.
    • Type netsh in the Command Prompt > press Enter.
    • Type winsock in the Command Prompt > hit Enter.

Let us know if the recommended solution works for you.

Joan Pin, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Can't run .application file.

1. Can't run .application file. - Similar Threads - Can't run application

2. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  3. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  4. application not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  5. application not run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  6. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  7. No application running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No application running: This morning i noticed that my c: drive if getting full around 60%. So i tried deleting unnecessary files and folders. I have autodesk 3ds max 2021 installed and the file was taking up around 9gb of storage. I am talking about the file which we see when we open c: drive, and...
  8. Can't run msi Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run msi Files: I Can't install msi Files. When i try to open it its says this: [ATTACH] This happens only on .msi files. Anyone can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-msi-files/92305532-8d02-4c81-8f23-d9feb3209260"
  9. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't run install file ' these files can't be opened': getting error message when trying to run an .exe file these files can't be opened... your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened .. i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )...
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199