Windows 10: Can't run as Administrator

Discus and support Can't run as Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; NEED HELP. Cant run anthing as administrator bought this computer today also wont let me run cmd (admin) so that i can change my account to admin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hiatus18, Mar 30, 2017.

1. hiatus18 Win User

Can't run as Administrator

NEED HELP. Cant run anthing as administrator bought this computer today also wont let me run cmd (admin) so that i can change my account to admin access.

:)

hiatus18, Mar 30, 2017
  2. Xpawn Win User

Windows 10 <Run as Administrator> uses administrator-context instead of my logged-in user when installing single-user programs

The problem with ex jDownloader, is that it installs to c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\jdownloader v2.0

If programs are installed to c:\programfiles\*** then of course i can make a shortcut to my own desktop or start-menu. but seeing as I use some programs that have (in my opinion) stupid install-directories, it will be troublesome.

Hope this clarifies my problem Can't run as Administrator :)

Xpawn, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows 10 <Run as Administrator> uses administrator-context instead of my logged-in user when installing single-user programs

Hi,

When a program is installed, the locations of shortcuts and menu items are often dictated by the original programmer and you may not get the option of altering these during the installation. They can be influenced by what type of account you have as well. The
    program will be there for all users, you just need to look in the Program Files folders and copy the shortcut or make a new shortcut.

You can move the shortcuts around if you want to change the way they appear in your two accounts, but you would need to be in an administrator account to be able to do this.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 30, 2017
  4. pparks1 Win User

You really should start a new thread rather than jumping into this hardware discussion to as your question.

What happens when you try to run cmd as an administrator? Does it prompt you for an admin account to logon as?

pparks1, Mar 30, 2017
  5. hiatus18 Win User
    sorry didnt really understand it and it pop up the box but i can only click no the yes button is gone and it says please sign in with admin username and password

hiatus18, Mar 30, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    Take it back to where you bought it.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run as Administrator - Similar Threads - Can't run Administrator

2. Can't run on startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...
  3. Can't run on startup as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run on startup as administrator: I granted Discord and Unikey permission to run as administrator and they can't open automatically on startup anymore. I've tried checking the task manager and startup apps in settings, but to no avail. What can be done regarding this?...
  4. can't run CMD as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run CMD as administrator?: can't run CMD as administrator?missing msdmo.dll filekeep getting the error "a file associated with this cannot be found" or "device associated............etc"...
  5. can't run CMD as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run CMD as administrator?: can't run CMD as administrator?missing msdmo.dll filekeep getting the error "a file associated with this cannot be found" or "device associated............etc"...
  6. can't run CMD as administrator?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  8. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  9. Can't run anything as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as administrator: I mistakenly did a quick reply at the end of the tutorial for running an app as administrator in Windows 10. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). Asus...
  10. Can't run anything as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run anything as administrator: I mistakenly did a quick reply at the end of the tutorial for running an app as administrator in Windows 10. I'm on a PC running Windows 10 Pro, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476), Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). Asus...