Windows 10: Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users

Discus and support Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Starkman, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Starkman Win User

Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users

New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Chrome did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on.

Thanks.

:)

Starkman, Dec 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Dec 3, 2019
  3. TheHunter Win User
    Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Dec 3, 2019
  4. digibucc Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

chrome. I don't switch unless I have a problem with the browser. went from ie->firefox->chrome. chome everywhere bling bling *Wink Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users ;)

digibucc, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't run Chrome or install Firefox when switching users - Similar Threads - Can't run Chrome

2. Can't switch user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't switch user: I created another user but i cant switch to it, here is the screenshot when i press my name in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-user/b03ed5c8-296e-4dd3-a9b2-65ae08b9f7ea
  3. Can't switch user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch user: I created another user but i cant switch to it, here is the screenshot when i press my name in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-user/b03ed5c8-296e-4dd3-a9b2-65ae08b9f7ea
  4. Can't switch user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR

in Browsers and Email
    Switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR: I switched from Google Chrome to Firefox ESR because of Google moved from 6 weeks to 4 weeks release schedule except of I think enterprise customers. What do you think guys? Please go to: Google is speeding up Chromes release cycle to every four weeks 183242
  6. Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox and Chrome won't run unless "run as administrator": Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.418 Firefox and Chrome have both ceased to start unless "run as administrator". I can see the window form for the application, but is goes away almost instantly. Task manager shows no process still running after that, so it goes away...
  7. Can't run Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run Google Chrome: Whenever I double-click on my Google Chrome shortcut, the blue loading symbol appears to flicker for a second, then disappear. Google Chrome does not run any more. This problem occurred after the new Microsoft update. I tried adding "-no-sandbox" to the target in the...
  8. BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When openning Firefox / Chrome: Hello. Windows 10 recently updated to version 1903 and since then I'm having a BSOD as soon as I open Firefox or Chrome. If I open edge it does open and I can browse find, however after a some random time I get the BSOD. I have tried all I can think of. I updated all the...
  9. Can't logon to Amazon with Firefox and Chrome browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Can't logon to Amazon with Firefox and Chrome browsers: As title says any attempt to reach Amazon goes out into La-La Land and then times out. This happens both with Firefox and Chrome browsers. Other sites seem to be OK. So far I've disabled my firewall (ZoneAlarm), Norton AV, checked my Host File which has no entries and still...
  10. Can't switch user in upgraded install of 10240

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch user in upgraded install of 10240: I'm facing a strange problem on one of my rigs. I have 3 MSAs on it, but I simply can't switch user. I see the other accounts in "Settings", but when I log off or try to fast switch I don't have other user options. [img] [img] Any ideas? *Sad 8411