Windows 10: Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.

Discus and support Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To keep my problem succinct: [ATTACH] Click "yes" on the security pop up (doesn't ask for my password, this is the only account on this laptop). Try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amidori, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Amidori Win User

Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin.

To keep my problem succinct:

Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin. 245783d7-1190-4c3e-a773-4c78439dfd9e?upload=true.png

Click "yes" on the security pop up (doesn't ask for my password, this is the only account on this laptop). Try to type in command I want to do, get this:

Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin. 8f6c04f3-8197-494e-801c-b9ba74f73e68?upload=true.png

... Just wanted to know why my network adapter keeps crashing every 5 minutes, but I guess now I have an entirely new problem. Any ideas what's going on and how I can make it stop telling me I need to be an admin when I'm running it in admin mode on the only account (and thus the admin account) on this laptop?

:)

Amidori, Sep 3, 2018

2. How to run Command Prompt (Admin)?

I've been trying to get a fix for Windows Update for a while now, and I received a recommendation that requires the use of the administrative form of Command Prompt. Right-clicking the Windows key does not have bring up either Command Prompt or Command Prompt
    (Admin) as an option, though Powershell and PowerShell (Admin) are. Searching my computer for the Command Prompt function brings it up just fine, however I cannot enter the command without being told access is denied.

I have confirmed I am using a profile with administrative permissions, so if anyone knows of additional steps I need to take, I would appreciate some input.

BenOechsli, Sep 3, 2018
  3. JackzMc Win User
    Command Prompt As Admin Major Issues

I've been using shellex to remove stuff, but pushbullet has no way that it's causing command prompt to open it. Git bash as admin, powershell as admin, command prompt as admin all use the app.

Pushbullet has no item in ShellExView nor ShellMenuView

JackzMc, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run command prompt as admin... Even when opening as admin. - Similar Threads - Can't run command

2. Open VBS file with admin command prompt context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open VBS file with admin command prompt context menu: @Brink VBS files have, by default, a context menu to Open with command prompt. I would like to add an additional option to Open with command prompt as admin. The command to open VBS files, standard privileges, is something like Code: cmd.exe...
  3. elevated admin command prompt

elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  4. Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open task manager, run command prompt as admin, or open installer exe files: A recent update may have caused this, but overall I am not 100% sure. I went to open up Task Manager and when I did the prompt "The code execution cannot proceed because credui.dll was not found." So I went to look up solutions and one was a system scan through opening the...
  5. command prompt access denied as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command prompt access denied as admin: [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am the only admin account in the windows. Any help would he highly appreciated....
  6. Can't run CMD Prompt in ADMIN (Elevated) Mode - Clicking on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening...

Can't run CMD Prompt in ADMIN (Elevated) Mode - Clicking on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening...: Hi, This is ticking me off! Nothing happens when I run CMD Prompt and Click on RUN as ADMIN- Nothing happening when RUN as ADMIN selected. What the heck is wrong? Thanks TekDiva...
  7. Command prompt as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt as admin: i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt via troubleshoot....
  8. command prompt as admin error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt as admin error: Hi I am trying to delet files, and apparently I need to go into command prompt "run as admin" (through right click on command prompt in the start menu). But when I do this, I get a window asking for password, but nowhere to enter the password and no "yes" option, only a "no"...
  9. Admin Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...
  10. Win10 Creators Update - Admin Command Prompt - ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creators Update - Admin Command Prompt - ?: How do you access/get to the Admin Command Prompt in the newest Win10 Creators update? Its Window Start Key > cmd > Right Click Command Prompt (Run as Admin) is that correct? 84529

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant use the command prompt even as admin

2. how to open cmd as admin without being admin windows 10