Windows 10: can't run .exe files in windows 10

Discus and support can't run .exe files in windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hemanthyamsani, Jul 14, 2020.

1. can't run .exe files in windows 10

Hi

I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows firewall on/off" then it will load for some timestuck there and I can't do any operation at that time then I will get the error message saying "the specified path does not exist. check the path and try again".

And if I try to install and program then the same problem occurs and the error will pop up like shown below.

Finally, I tried to reset my PC and guess what, my reset button is also not working. Then I tried advanced startup-->troubleshoot and reset--->reset PC --->remove everything. But still, I can't reset my PC---->Error:there was a problem resetting your PC .

I got this problem when I did disk cleanup--->system error reports......550 MB size--->deleted.

can't run .exe files in windows 10 0ed76293-2aa5-4c65-8dca-2d7ed4602053?upload=true.png can anyone tell me how to get rid of this problem?

some pictures of error messages...

can't run .exe files in windows 10 61c8f150-8033-41c5-8cd7-4cdc6b0f4092?upload=true.png

can't run .exe files in windows 10 e27cf026-a445-410c-b765-8e9ef9fec34f?upload=true.png

:)

hemanthyamsani, Jul 14, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Can't run .exe file

Hello Phil,

Possible causes of this are corrupt registry settings and modified default configurations. To address your concern, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps found on the link below:

Can't open EXE files

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jul 14, 2020
  4. can't run .exe files in windows 10

Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

can't run .exe files in windows 10

1. can't run .exe files in windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't run exe

2. Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder: Hello community, How to open an .exe file in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps?I successfully accessed the folder after making some research on how to do it. I can even edit the folders in it now. But I can't run .exe files, it says I don't have the following:SharedLibrary.dll...
  3. Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder: Hello community, How to open an .exe file in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps?I successfully accessed the folder after making some research on how to do it. I can even edit the folders in it now. But I can't run .exe files, it says I don't have the following:SharedLibrary.dll...
  4. Can't run an .exe file in a Windows Apps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No exe files will run!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No exe files will run!: No exe files will run. This includes, Command Prompt, regedit, reset get started or anything else that has exe file during exicution. Using windows 10, on a hp envy laptop. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  7. I can't run .exe files.

I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  8. Windows 10 not running .exe file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not running .exe file: Hello, I am trying to open a specific .exe file for a program I'm trying to install. I get to Windows asking to allow for the program to make changes but after I select yes, nothing happens. I have tried things like turning off all firewalls/anti virus software, restarting...
  9. EXE files will not run in Windows 10

EXE files will not run in Windows 10: Whenever I try to run "some" .exe files in Windows 10 I get the following error: ShellExecuteEx failed: code 1155. No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. How do I correct this?...
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...