Windows 10: cant run gpedit.msc

Discus and support cant run gpedit.msc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so i cant run gpedit.msc in run it will not let me and pops up with this can someone help me i have included an image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by {[Why]}, Oct 20, 2021.

1. {[Why]} Win User

cant run gpedit.msc

so i cant run gpedit.msc in run it will not let me and pops up with this can someone help me i have included an image

:)

{[Why]}, Oct 20, 2021
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Oct 20, 2021
  3. tcebob Win User
    Gpedit problem

I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc I got the attached message
    The program ran after I dismissed the message twice but did not display the needed choices. I took a shot at editing the referenced file but couldn't save it because it's in Windows directory and is protected. (I am the Administrator). How can I fix gpedit?

cant run gpedit.msc [​IMG]

tcebob, Oct 20, 2021
  4. cant run gpedit.msc

how do i get gpedit for windows 10

Here are two options:

• Upgrade Windows to at least the professional version.
    • Use the backdoor method described
      here
      . Whether it will survive an Automatic Update I do not know.

Frederik Long, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

cant run gpedit.msc

1. cant run gpedit.msc - Similar Threads - cant run gpedit

2. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  3. CPL and MSC components not running from cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPL and MSC components not running from cmd: Hello, I'm unable to access the Device Manager from administrator command prompt by calling "devmgmt" If I call it by its full name "mmc devmgmt.msc" it works fine. I've experienced the same issue with "ncpa.cpl" for the Network & Sharing Center. This issue was not present...
  4. Reset gpedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  5. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  6. Can't run services, gpedit (and possibly other) run app commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run services, gpedit (and possibly other) run app commands: Typing at least two items in the "run" window desktop app (win/r) brings issues. - when I type 'services' = nothing (not even a window or an error message). - when I type 'gpedit.msc' = error message popup/dialogue that it can't find the program Yet I can open these...
  7. my gpedit is not run.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my gpedit is not run.: I very try to run my gpedit but is not found in my windo 10. way it can be possibal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-gpedit-is-not-run/17913733-edb5-4eac-a192-166a07d9f631
  8. Running msc files in Admin ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running msc files in Admin ?: If I want to run Group Policy editor in administration mode, what command must be used before gpedit.msc so the group policy editor runs in Administrator mode ? 49226
  9. Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down'

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down': Dear all, I have an issue with a shutdown script that I don't manage to resolve: I wrote a .bat file script that works fine when it is clicked on. Through gpedit.msc, I added it as a shutdown script. When the computer is restarted (Power -> Restart), it works fine as well...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...