Windows 10: Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine

Discus and support Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I install fresh Windows 10 Pro on my computer and now I can't use Hyper-V, WSL2 or Docker for Windows. I enabled virtualization in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tmin10, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Tmin10 Win User

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine

Hello,

Recently I install fresh Windows 10 Pro on my computer and now I can't use Hyper-V, WSL2 or Docker for Windows.

I enabled virtualization in BIOS, enabled additional windows features but I can't run new VM in Hyper-V or convert WSL machine to WSL2. Hyper-V services are running.

I checked system with sfc /scannow At first try found several issues in system files and restored them andDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

What else I can do except the whole Windows reinstalling?

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine 6f6b577b-bea7-4010-8fdd-8735b8dff0c4?upload=true.png

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine 8bfede16-a7d3-4fcb-96fc-86a33cdacaa2?upload=true.png Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine 65ef7b74-4844-48fe-81e0-99bf2a4e3d43?upload=true.png

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine 9c4d4276-d6ba-4a88-b5a2-719eac4c2adf?upload=true.png

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine 214dc672-eb1f-44fc-8533-0377249cdffa?upload=true.png

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine 8c37352d-f275-45c5-b67a-4985ae7c7e0c?upload=true.png

:)

Tmin10, Dec 27, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine

Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine

1. Can't run Hyper-V or WSL2 on my machine - Similar Threads - Can't run Hyper

2. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2022OS...
  3. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2022OS...
  4. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to get Hyper-V or WSL2 to work on my machine.: submitted by /u/unabatedshagie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k5us0q/unable_to_get_hyperv_or_wsl2_to_work_on_my_machine/
  6. Can't run games on host machine while Hyper-V is running

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't run games on host machine while Hyper-V is running: Hi So, I just made a W10 VM with Hyper-V and it's running fine (I only assigned it 1 core and 1.5GB of memory). The VM is running a background process that consumes nothing, it's basically idling. Now I go back to the host machine and I can't start any game. None. They all...
  7. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  8. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  9. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  10. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...