Windows 10: Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017

Discus and support Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I want to install Visual Studio 2017 but the installer doesn't seem working. If I run it, nothing happens. If I run vs_installershell.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by agpfrick, Oct 1, 2018.

1. agpfrick Win User

Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017

Hello,

I want to install Visual Studio 2017 but the installer doesn't seem working. If I run it, nothing happens.

If I run

vs_installershell.exe -version

in Visual Studio installer folder, it returns this error:

TypeError: Path must be a string. Received undefined
    at assertPath (path.js:28:11)
    at Object.join (path.js:501:7)
    at createLogger (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:7977)
    at Object.getLogger (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:8818)
    at Object.defineProperty.value (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:665260)
    at __webpack_require__ (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:128)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:665562)
    at __webpack_require__ (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:128)
    at Object.defineProperty.value (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\resources\app\main\StubMain.js:4:277114)

I want to report this to VS team but it seems there's no way to submit my report without VS or its installer, which neither I can run now (which is ridiculous).

Thank you in advance,

:)

agpfrick, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Louie Del Win User

can't install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017

Hi,

Since you've already used the suggested full installer for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, can you confirm if you've also tried the solutions in the link above provided by
    Andrea Da Costa? Let us know if you're getting the same concern so we can recommend additional troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017

Source: The Visual Studio Modeling SDK is now available with Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Live Dependency Validation in Visual Studio 2017

Read more: Live Dependency Validation in Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

Brink, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't Run Installer for Visual Studio 2017 - Similar Threads - Can't Run Installer

2. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  3. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2017 not installing: Hello i tried to download Visual studio 2017 because of my storage to make stuff in c# but i keep getting this error i do not have any VS installed yet this error keeps popping up...
  4. Visual Studio 2017 not installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE: Hello All, I've been going around and around with this for months, including with MS tech reps, and it defies any resolution. Some months ago, upon launching VS 2017 Community on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium, the following message came up notwithstanding that the...
  6. Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Unlock Visual Studio 2017 Community IDE: Hello All, I've been going around and around with this for months, including with MS tech reps, and it defies any resolution. Some months ago, upon launching VS 2017 Community on a system running Windows 7 Home Premium, the following message came up notwithstanding that the...
  7. visual studio 2017

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    visual studio 2017: The product failed to install due to one or more package failures. You can search for solutions using the information below, retry the installation, or remove the product from your machine. Following is a collection of individual package failures. To search for existing...
  8. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  9. Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio 2017 Will NOT Open After Installation: I downloaded VS 2017 Community, however, when I try to launch it it doesn't open. I googled this and tried uninstalling it, repairing it, running as Administrator, I even tried using CMD and executing commands like "devenv.exe/ResetSettings" "devenv.exe/Setup"...
  10. Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio 2017 Roadmap: This document provides a peek into what's next for Visual Studio. It captures some of the significant features we are currently committed to, and a rough timeframe for when you can expect to see them. It is not a comprehensive list of all new features in Visual Studio, but is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant run visual studio installer

2. visual studio installer wont run