Windows 10: Can't run programs as an administrator

Discus and support Can't run programs as an administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GreatGatherer, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Can't run programs as an administrator

Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc.

And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run sfc, and the computer tells me I have to be an admin to do that. OK, I try to run it in administrator mode, but I get an error saying 'the specified module could not be found'. I even tried changing UAC, just to be met with a black flash, an error sound, and no change.

:)

GreatGatherer, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Cannot run a program from an Administrator account

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Have you tried with other programs?
    • Is this issue confined only with particular app\program?
    I suggest you to check with other apps\programs and let us know with the result.

Also enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Note: Disable the account by running the following command after troubleshooting the issue:

net user administrator /active:no

Once you have enabled the account, you will see it listed in the user accounts control panel applet. Note that the account has not assigned a password to it, and that you should consider setting one to improve account security.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Can't run programs as an administrator

0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Can't run programs as an administrator

1. Can't run programs as an administrator - Similar Threads - Can't run programs

2. WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode: Hello Group,Since I installed the last update in Windows 10 build 19043.1586, I can't use any programs to RUN in Admin mode, e.g. Command Prompt Please help since I really don't want to remove and reinstall build or revert back to previous version in SYS RESTORE.I was...
  3. WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode: Hello Group,Since I installed the last update in Windows 10 build 19043.1586, I can't use any programs to RUN in Admin mode, e.g. Command Prompt Please help since I really don't want to remove and reinstall build or revert back to previous version in SYS RESTORE.I was...
  4. WIN10 Pro Can't run programs in administrator mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  6. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  7. Unable to run Programs as Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run Programs as Administrator: I have recently noticed that, although I am shown as Administrator in my Profile and "netplwiz" confirms this, I am unable to run Programs as Administrator. They all open and run OK on double click. Anyone know what might be causing this? Cheers. Ken...
  8. Issue with running programs as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  9. Run User Program As Administrator

Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...
  10. Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges

Can't run programs requiring administrator privileges: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 on my computer and a few weeks ago I started having problems running certain programs and tasks. I noticed today that anything requiring administrator privileges, such as certain programs, installing or removing programs, or even a system restore...