Windows 10: Can't run recovery mode or access Windows

Discus and support Can't run recovery mode or access Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Lately my new laptop was having blue screens issues. I uninstalled my antivirus but it didn't resolve blue screen, so I tried to access safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GiacomoDell'Amico, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Can't run recovery mode or access Windows

Hi, Lately my new laptop was having blue screens issues. I uninstalled my antivirus but it didn't resolve blue screen, so I tried to access safe mode to uninstall drivers. After restarting windows didn't let me log in showing this message: "something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again."The only option I have in this screen is "set up my pin". Pressed on it and a message appeared: "you need to install an app for this task. Would you like to search for one in the store?", Typed yes and nothing happened. So I followed a guide on how to solve this and I uninstall

:)

GiacomoDell'Amico, Sep 18, 2021
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Sep 18, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Sep 18, 2021
  4. bhaalkc Win User

Can't run recovery mode or access Windows

Help accessing recovery partition

if he deleted the recovery partition, you wont be able to access it. You will have to reinstall Windows from dvd or cd.....

bhaalkc, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Can't run recovery mode or access Windows

1. Can't run recovery mode or access Windows - Similar Threads - Can't run recovery

2. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  3. Can't start recovery mode on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start recovery mode on PC: I'm not able to click on the "start recovery" button.Can someone please help? :Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-recovery-mode-on-pc/77abdd32-347e-4319-867b-684acbbd75da
  4. Can't reboot to recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reboot to recovery mode: Hi! I want to recover my windows 11 with a recovery usb drive but I can't get into the recovery menu. Like after selecting my usb drive from the bios it gets stuck to the logo of lenovo. How to fix this ?...
  5. Can't reboot to recovery mode

Can't reboot to recovery mode: Hi! I want to recover my windows 11 with a recovery usb drive but I can't get into the recovery menu. Like after selecting my usb drive from the bios it gets stuck to the logo of lenovo. How to fix this ?...
  6. I can't exit recovery mode

I can't exit recovery mode: Hello!I got a blue screen always and I wanted to fix it by reseting the Pc so while I was resetting the Pc I got a blue screen and it cancelled the resetting progress and now I'm stuck in recovery mode and I can't countinue or going in a restore point and i can't do anything...
  7. I can't exit recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't exit recovery mode: Hello!I got a blue screen always and I wanted to fix it by reseting the Pc so while I was resetting the Pc I got a blue screen and it cancelled the resetting progress and now I'm stuck in recovery mode and I can't countinue or going in a restore point and i can't do anything...
  8. Can't access Bitlocker recovery key

Can't access Bitlocker recovery key: A recovery app is asking for my Bitlocker password/Recovery key. When I checked my Microsoft account, I got the response that I don't have any Bitlocker password uploaded to my account. How can I get one or what should I do...
  9. Can't access recovery mode, installation media not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't access recovery mode, installation media not recognised: I've gotten the BSOD problem after an update of the OS. Turning off the computer when seeing the Win logo and then do the same twice doesn't work as the win logo shows just once. The second time I restart the computer I get directly to the blue screen which tells me I need...
  10. Windows 10 Can't Complete Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Can't Complete Recovery Mode: Hello everyone! I hope I could get some advice. I decided to do a factory reset on my Asus ROG laptop by making a recovery usb. I managed to make a recovery usb successfully. But when I try to do the recovery mode it didn't finish. Now my laptop just boot to bios page bec...