Windows 10: Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan

Discus and support Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth or DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, i will get a error like Error: 483 The request failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NomansnowYT, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan

When i run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth or DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, i will get a error like Error: 483 The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error. The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log.
    i searched google for the problem but i don't get and answer or a solution. i hope somebody could help me. and also i tried sfc /scannow but i just kept getting "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

:)

NomansnowYT, Feb 21, 2021
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Feb 21, 2021
  3. sfc /scannow error

That's why Im asking the question. Am I correct in thinking that its perfectly normal that after the second running of sfc /scannow in your list you would get :-

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Then after that..its the third sfc /scannow that you list that comes up clean .
    Ivghandi was saying that he presumed that the second sfc /scannow you list showing "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them" meant that he still had a problem.

The way I understand that DISM works is that it repairs the Component Store. Then when you run SFC /scannow again it can then repair the file corruptions it detected originally. Have I got that correct?

sportsfan148, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan

sfc /scannow error repair

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the efforts you have taken in trying to resolve this issue. I have analyzed the error logs that you have shared and I would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command Prompt in the
      search bar
      on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    4. Once the DISM command is executed, we would suggest you to run sfc /scannow again.

If the integrity violations are not repaired after running sfc scan, the best option will be performing a repair installation. A repair installation will repair all the corrupted files.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT) and use it to perform a repair installation
    of Windows 10. We have a video that can show you how if you aren’t sure

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan

1. Can't run Sfc /scannow and Dism scan - Similar Threads - Can't run Sfc

2. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hello, I am having several issues currently. I recently received a Faulty hardware corrupted page blue screen crash and since then I have been unable to access certain apps such as Steam, update windows, update drivers, or run the sfc scannow or DISM commands. I have run a...
  3. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hello, I am having several issues currently. I recently received a Faulty hardware corrupted page blue screen crash and since then I have been unable to access certain apps such as Steam, update windows, update drivers, or run the sfc scannow or DISM commands. I have run a...
  4. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hi, I'm having several issues right now. When I try to install drivers, I always get the message"one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation this time."This happened for my amd graphics driver. On the AMD software installer I get the error code 1603...
  5. Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install drivers, update Windows, run sfc scannow or DISM command.: Hi, I'm having several issues right now. When I try to install drivers, I always get the message"one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation this time."This happened for my amd graphics driver and for apple software. On the AMD software installer I...
  6. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  7. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  8. SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44: So I ran sfc scannow because I feel something odd about my windows, I have felt this since couple months ago. The result was "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Below I attach my cbs log. I did run the sfc scannow couple times...
  9. SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC scannow and DISM can't repair MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44: So I ran sfc scannow because I feel something odd about my windows, I have felt this since couple months ago. The result was "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them". Below I attach my cbs log. I did run the sfc scannow couple times...
  10. dism and sfc /scannow not workingt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism and sfc /scannow not workingt: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.345 [==...