Windows 10: cant run some exe files

Discus and support cant run some exe files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DAVIDANDERSON_799, Feb 15, 2019.

1. cant run some exe files

I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't. It doesn't come up in the task manager. The file i am trying to use is Autodesk.Aec.Content.CatalogEditor.exe. Some exe files work fine, others don't.

:)

DAVIDANDERSON_799, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 15, 2019
  4. cant run some exe files

Cannot run .exe files

I rebooted my computer and it downloaded some updates. When it restarted, I could no longer run any .exe files. When I click on one, it asks me which program I would like to use to run it. Obviously, there are no programs on the list it offers me. The
    weirdest part is that some downloaded applications (like chrome, thankfully) still run. Any suggestions on how I can fix this or what happened?

robotoverlord, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

cant run some exe files

1. cant run some exe files - Similar Threads - cant run exe

2. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  3. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  4. Windows cant run an official Microsoft exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cant run an official Microsoft exe file: So recently i have been experiencing some problems with my computer, i tried to reinstall Windows without deleting any programs or files so i tried it with an ISO file but when i double click on the setup nothing happens, no error message or anything, just the normal "Do you...
  5. Windows cant run an official Microsoft exe file

Windows cant run an official Microsoft exe file: So recently i have been experiencing some problems with my computer, i tried to reinstall Windows without deleting any programs or files so i tried it with an ISO file but when i double click on the setup nothing happens, no error message or anything, just the normal "Do you...
  6. cant run .exe file

cant run .exe file: Hi, i found problem on running my .exe file, so i have task from my lecture to exploit trojan and i cant run the trojan that i made. it should be run on background process, i already turn off my firewall and real time scanner on windows security. but still, it wont run. how...
  7. cant run .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant run .exe file: Hi, i found problem on running my .exe file, so i have task from my lecture to exploit trojan and i cant run the trojan that i made. it should be run on background process, i already turn off my firewall and real time scanner on windows security. but still, it wont run. how...
  8. My Winows cant open some exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Winows cant open some exe files: Hello there, I recently bought a new pc and I have a problem. When i want to open a exe file, which I downloaded from the internet, nothing happens or a error comes up. Please help me....
  9. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some .exe and .jar files wont run.: First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help....
  10. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284