Windows 10: Can't Run Troubleshooter, Admin Issues?

Discus and support Can't Run Troubleshooter, Admin Issues? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to run the Troubleshooter only account on a personal computer - Windows 10 Home v. 1909, 64 bit on HP Pavilion. When I attempt to run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by J2theK, Apr 23, 2020.

1. J2theK Win User

Can't Run Troubleshooter, Admin Issues?

I am unable to run the Troubleshooter only account on a personal computer - Windows 10 Home v. 1909, 64 bit on HP Pavilion. When I attempt to run the troubleshooter from Windows Update, I get error 0x80070005, Context Restricted "An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue. Any information I find about that error code tells me to run the Troubleshooter, but I can't find anything to fix the Troubleshooter. Perhaps it's because of Admin issues? I am the only account and it shows I am the administrator. I've looked at other help suggestions and all the boxes appear to be checked correctly.

In case it helps diagnose, I'm also having trouble installing software as well as printing or scanning from my computer wirelessly no problems to same printer from other devices.

:)

J2theK, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. djmcnz Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I assume you don't have 'exit' anywhere in your batch file?

Rather than playing with 'pause' - if you want to see the output...

1. Open a command window as admin
    2. Run the batch file manually
    3. Command window will not close unless the 'exit' command is issued
    4. Read output
    That's the first step I'd take to diagnose. Then run every line in your batch file manually, one-by-one, in your admin command window (copy and paste from the actual batch file, don't retype the commands).

You'll soon find your problem.

djmcnz, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Can't Run Troubleshooter, Admin Issues?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't Run Troubleshooter, Admin Issues?

1. Can't Run Troubleshooter, Admin Issues? - Similar Threads - Can't Run Troubleshooter

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  5. Can't run troubleshooter

Can't run troubleshooter: Hey dudes where has the Run Troubleshooter box gone? Im trying to figure out why my SD card reader isnt' picking up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-troubleshooter/e3eafed1-8309-452f-bce8-9ac1831b0a42
  6. Can't run troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  8. Can't run anything with ADMIN

Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  9. Can't run BSOD troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run BSOD troubleshooter: Frequent BSODs, BSOD troubleshooter literally cannot be ran After experienceing a number of BSOD errors, often multiple per day with differing errors, I started troubleshooting. I have scannowed, I have chkdsk ed, I have RAM tested, drivers are up to date, windows is recent....
  10. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...