Windows 10: Cant run windows 10 in safe mode

Discus and support Cant run windows 10 in safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had some kind of virus in my computer i think, recovered windows and after that computer wanted some kind of account with password to log in but I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Evelin.1, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Evelin.1 Win User

Cant run windows 10 in safe mode

I had some kind of virus in my computer i think, recovered windows and after that computer wanted some kind of account with password to log in but I havent made any accounts. So I tried to log in safe mode but when I get to that point where I have to select restart button to choose safe mode but instead of restarting my computer turns off. Is there any other way to get in my computer?

:)

Evelin.1, Feb 25, 2021

2. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Cant run windows 10 in safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Cant run windows 10 in safe mode

1. Cant run windows 10 in safe mode - Similar Threads - Cant run safe

2. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update: I cant boot in windows 10 safe mode, i cant click the boot option from msconfig menu, when i press shift and restart it brings me to « Choose an option » and i only see the option « Turn off your PC » , i dont see any other option, what do i do?...
  3. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update: I cant boot in windows 10 safe mode, i cant click the boot option from msconfig menu, when i press shift and restart it brings me to « Choose an option » and i only see the option « Turn off your PC » , i dont see any other option, what do i do?...
  4. Cant boot into windows 10 safe mode, cant update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to run Windows 10 in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to run Windows 10 in safe mode: Hello,How to run Windows 10 in safe mode on Dell Precision M4800 ?After searching on the web found press "F4" on startup.Tried. Doesn't work.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-windows-10-in-safe-mode/3137dcff-39c1-4d48-a879-cce123960b09
  6. How to run Windows 10 in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run Windows 10 in safe mode: Hello,How to run Windows 10 in safe mode on Dell Precision M4800 ?After searching on the web found press "F4" on startup.Tried. Doesn't work.Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-windows-10-in-safe-mode/3137dcff-39c1-4d48-a879-cce123960b09
  7. How to run Windows 10 in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 not running/Safe mode can't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not running/Safe mode can't boot: Hi! I've been having trouble with my Windows system lately, and I tried various things from this website, but they wouldn't work. Here's the problem:I changed my system settings in msconfig to 2 cores instead of 1, hoping my games would go faster as a result, but this was the...
  9. Cant seem to start up or run in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant seem to start up or run in safe mode: [ATTACH]Hi, My laptop seems to be having the black screen of death. The loading sign shows but then it just goes black. I cant even seem to get it to go to safe mode. Using systemRE, Troubleshoot, Reset PC, System Restore, Uninstall Updates, Startup Repair all dont work....
  10. Cant get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant get to safe mode: I dont know what in the world is wrong with Windows 10 everyone keeps having problems ever since Windows 10 update. I tried to update and now that it failed, when I turn my pc on it automatically shuts off the moment Windows opens and then turns back on. It keeps repeating...