Windows 10: Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

Discus and support Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've encountered an issue where I can't safely eject USB Mass Storage Devices even after rebooting my computer. Rebooting my computer has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GalactusThe Destroyer, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

I've encountered an issue where I can't safely eject USB Mass Storage Devices even after rebooting my computer.

Rebooting my computer has always addressed this problem in the past.

Even if I only access a single file from an external HDD/Flash drive and close the file and drive window down right after, I still encounter this problem.

I really do not want to have to power my system off and unplug my storage every time I want to remove the storage.

:)

GalactusThe Destroyer, Jul 11, 2019

2. Device list not registering tablet and not giving an option for Safe to Eject on Windows 10

Hello Kayjayw,

Thank you for providing the required details.

• Are you referring problem with Asus tablet or with Nexus 5 phone?
    • Is that like both won't appear in the safe eject list?
    • How about other removable devices? Will they appear in safe eject list?

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

I use to be able to eject my USB drive via "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" with list as below:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - Eject Data Traveler 111
    - USB Drive (DCan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)
    - Eject My Passport Ultra
    - My Passport (ECan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)

However recently the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" list seems corrupted and shows:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - USB Drive (DCan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)

- My Passport (ECan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)

with { - USB Drive (DCan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :) } and { - My Passport (ECan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :) } are grayed out.

Currently the only way for me is go to file explorer and right click the removable drive and click Eject.

Please help!

Tze Lin Wong, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

1. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. - Similar Threads - Can't safely eject

2. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  3. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  4. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to safely eject an Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to safely eject an Drive: Hello, I faced some problems while I was trying to eject a HDD Transcend 25a3.When I tried to eject it, an error message picture below would pop up.I tried to find which program is it via the Event Viewer, and it says:Pid 4 is the system process ntoskrnl.exe so can't kill...
  6. Can't safely eject an external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't safely eject an external HDD: I used an external HDD to download a game Forza Horizon 5 and now I can't safely eject it I get the "Device in use prompt". Before whenever I turned off the laptop or ejected the HDD the power light turned off but now even when I shut down the laptop the power light stays on....
  7. Can't safely eject an external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't safely eject an external HDD: I used an external HDD to download a game Forza Horizon 5 and now I can't safely eject it I get the "Device in use prompt". Before whenever I turned off the laptop or ejected the HDD the power light turned off but now even when I shut down the laptop the power light stays on....
  8. Can't safely eject an external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior

USB Hub Safely Remove Device Eject Device unexpected behavior: Hello!I got a new Type - C USB Hub with 4 3.0 ports.The hub works great, but the problem is that once I try to safely remove eject one of the USB devices, all of them get disconnected. Furthermore, once I do that, I can't connect any devices again until I restart the PC. They...
  10. Can't Safely Remove Devices - Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device

Can't Safely Remove Devices - Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device: When I try to eject the USB storage device, a pop-up shows this: "Problem Ejecting USB Attatched SCSI UAS Mass Storage Device The application '\Device\HarddiskVolume5\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped. Close the application...