Windows 10: Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

Discus and support Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've encountered an issue where I can't safely eject USB Mass Storage Devices even after rebooting my computer. Rebooting my computer has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GalactusThe Destroyer, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

I've encountered an issue where I can't safely eject USB Mass Storage Devices even after rebooting my computer.

Rebooting my computer has always addressed this problem in the past.

Even if I only access a single file from an external HDD/Flash drive and close the file and drive window down right after, I still encounter this problem.

I really do not want to have to power my system off and unplug my storage every time I want to remove the storage.

:)

GalactusThe Destroyer, Jul 11, 2019

2. Device list not registering tablet and not giving an option for Safe to Eject on Windows 10

Hello Kayjayw,

Thank you for providing the required details.

• Are you referring problem with Asus tablet or with Nexus 5 phone?
    • Is that like both won't appear in the safe eject list?
    • How about other removable devices? Will they appear in safe eject list?

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

I use to be able to eject my USB drive via "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" with list as below:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - Eject Data Traveler 111
    - USB Drive (DCan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)
    - Eject My Passport Ultra
    - My Passport (ECan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)

However recently the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" list seems corrupted and shows:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - USB Drive (DCan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)

- My Passport (ECan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :)

with { - USB Drive (DCan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :) } and { - My Passport (ECan't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. :) } are grayed out.

Currently the only way for me is go to file explorer and right click the removable drive and click Eject.

Please help!

Tze Lin Wong, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot.

1. Can't safely eject devices - Even after reboot. - Similar Threads - Can't safely eject

2. Safely remove harware and eject media

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safely remove harware and eject media: My icon to safely remove hardware had disappeared. Went to taskbar settings and it shows that Windows Explorer Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media is turned on. I turned that off and back on no icon. I did a System Restore and it returned. Next day still there. Today...
  3. Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media

Safely Remove Hardware/Eject Media: When using this feature in Windows 10, I used to get an on-screen message saying when it was safe to disconnect the device. Several months ago I stopped getting this message. Any ideas why?...
  4. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media: Over the last several days, I have been installing and grooming Windows 10 and other programs on my PC. Suddenly and for no apparent reason the taskbar icon "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" disappeared. I typically have an external harddrive plugged in to a rear USB...
  5. Safely Ejecting Media in Widows 10

Safely Ejecting Media in Widows 10: Until recently when ejecting a USB drive using the Safely Remove icon in the Task Bar, I would get a message saying it is safe to remove the device. Now the Safely Remove icon just disappears and no message appears. The light on the device goes out, so I assume it is...
  6. Random Reboots Even After Format

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Reboots Even After Format: Hi apologises if this is in the wrong section but ive just recently sold my gaming pc on ebay and want to resolve the issue before shipping out so last night came to switch the pc on after many months of not using it and it kept coming up onto a blue screen windows has...
  7. Can't boot, not even in safe mode due to INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot, not even in safe mode due to INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I'm having an issue with a SSD which I put into a different laptop, and now whenever I try to boot I get a INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE BSOD, even in safe mode. The following is what has happened so far. I just purchased a laptop to replace my main laptop, and I removed the...
  8. No update installation even after reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No update installation even after reboot: I got a couple updates and they indicated they were "waiting for restart". I restarted my computer and was surprised it didn't go through the whole "Configuring Windows Updates, do not turn off your computer" routine. After it was completely rebooted, I went into Settings,...
  9. Safe eject has issues?

Safe eject has issues?: Hello, i've noticed an interesting fact while i was working with few usb's . Windows 10 , at least mine cannot eject usb's no matter if you just plugged it in , safe eject doesn't work . There is a message coming up "this device is currently in use close all programs...."...
  10. "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is "Open Devices And Printer

"Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" is "Open Devices And Printer: I just purchased a Seagate external drive as a backup for my computer. Without me doing anything the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon in the lower part of my computer screen now says "Open Devices and Printers" which is where it takes you when you click on...