Windows 10: Can't save an image anymore?

Discus and support Can't save an image anymore? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey, guys, I have had the problem for a long time that I cannot save images or other files with right click ---> save image/file as from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ytimoyt, Jun 5, 2020.

1. ytimoyt Win User

Can't save an image anymore?

Hey, guys,

I have had the problem for a long time that I cannot save images or other files with right click ---> save image/file as from the internet...

The Explorer window is there for a moment, disappears immediately and brings any window into the foreground (see video below)?

Same thing if I want to upload files somewhere (which do not support drag and drop).

Sometimes it works (after clicking several times).

No matter which browser I use, always the same...

Kind regards

Timothée

Video:

:)

ytimoyt, Jun 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 Mail App Save As Image

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download an image file.

• Enlarge the photo you want to download.
    • You will get a download option.
    • Or you can press Ctrl + S key and save.
    Or if you copy the file and want to save you can follow the steps provided below.

• Copy the file you want to download.
    • Goto Start page.
    • Type Paint.
    • Open Paint application.
    • Press Ctrl + V key.
    • And save the image file.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 mail image attachments cant "save as"

Hi Brambly,

As you are facing issue with the Windows 10 mail image attachments.

We have figured out and recognized that, you will not find option to
    Save, print or move
    except the Copy option available for the Windows 10 mail image attachments.

Hence I suggest you to provide the feedback as this is by latest design;

Step on how to provide feedback

• Open the image you want to copy or save.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Right hand side select the feedback option and provide feedback for the same.
    If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Can't save an image anymore?

Cannot edit images when saved in Fresh paint

Hi Kamila,

As per the information, I understand that when you save an image drawn in Fresh Paint, you are unable to edit the image once saved.

If the above is true, I suggest that you follow the steps below to save the image in a manner that will allow you to edit it.

• To save your painting right click on fresh paint and click on
      Save as
      . You will get an option to select the location.
    • Select the location and save the painting.
    • When you reopen fresh paint you will be on the painting you used before closing fresh paint. If you do not get the painting, you may click on image and go to the location and select the image to edit.

For added information on Fresh Paint refer to the FAQ below

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Note: Also applies to 10

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't save an image anymore?

1. Can't save an image anymore? - Similar Threads - Can't save image

2. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Images: Recently all the images I've been saving were saved as an "AFIV" file. I don't know why it's not saving as a png or a jpg and it has gotten in the way of me being able to upload images into my editing program so I was hoping to fix it and change it back which is why I am...
  3. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Images: Recently all the images I've been saving were saved as an "AFIV" file. I don't know why it's not saving as a png or a jpg and it has gotten in the way of me being able to upload images into my editing program so I was hoping to fix it and change it back which is why I am...
  4. Saving Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Saving images to the clipboard doesn't retain their filename anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving images to the clipboard doesn't retain their filename anymore?: Not sure why this change happened, but I can tell you know as someone who likes downloading images of cute things or dumb jokes that I don't like having to rename every file by hand each time I download them from discord. If anyone could point me to how to fix this issue, I'd...
  6. Saving images to the clipboard doesn't retain their filename anymore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving images to the clipboard doesn't retain their filename anymore?: Not sure why this change happened, but I can tell you know as someone who likes downloading images of cute things or dumb jokes that I don't like having to rename every file by hand each time I download them from discord. If anyone could point me to how to fix this issue, I'd...
  7. Win10-Mail can't add an image to signature anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10-Mail can't add an image to signature anymore: I reset Mail and can't add an image to emails anymore - as I used to before reset. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-mail-cant-add-an-image-to-signature-anymore/77ce6657-d835-4926-9f3d-78fc9d2bcd9f
  8. Can't save image files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't save image files: Sometimes when I try to save new images I drew, it gives me the message "The file could not be found". This applies to all painting softwares I have, including MS paint. Sometimes it works to replace an already existing image with the new one, but sometimes that doesn't work...
  9. Can't Save Images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Save Images: When I scan a document and try to Save, or when I try to save a work on Photoshop Elements, having named the file and selected the format, i.e. pdf. jpeg., then hit 'Save', I get the message "File not found". Of course there is no file since I am trying to create it...!...
  10. Can't view images anymore using google. Nice.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't view images anymore using google. Nice.: Am I the only one who is annoyed here? Google has removed the 'view image' button from it's search, and clicking on the image does not bring you to the image. The Search by Image button is also being removed. Wow. 104400