Windows 10: Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

Discus and support Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'll be blunt, I'm not sure what to do right now. I am trying to save documents locally to my pc, but no matter what I do it always saves to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bollinger-Eb, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

I'll be blunt, I'm not sure what to do right now. I am trying to save documents locally to my pc, but no matter what I do it always saves to my organization's one drive account. I've tried deactivating the device, signing out & uninstalling one drive, changing the default location manually which it won't even let me do, it gives me the option but after I try changing the location it doesn't work everything!I am at my wit's end and just don't know what to do, I can't keep having my personal files be saved to my organization's cloud drive. Please help.

:)

Bollinger-Eb, Sep 29, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 29, 2022
  3. Utilities that I run can no longer automatically save files to my OneDrive

Hi Alan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To set OneDrive as your default location to save your documents and files, follow the below steps.

1. Click on the OneDrive icon from the Taskbar area > Click on the menu button (three-dots) on the top-right corner > Click on
      Settings > Go to the Auto Save tab.
    2. Using the drop-down menu, select OneDrive for
      Desktop
      , Documents, and Pictures and click on
      OK.
    3. Once you complete the above steps, restart the computer once and try saving the files generated from utilities and check if it is saving in
      C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\Documents folder.

If you are still facing the same issue, then I suggest you to contact OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue by following the below steps.

• Login to
      https://onedrive.com/
    • Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    • Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 29, 2022
  4. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

1. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive - Similar Threads - Can't save anywhere

2. Saving a file to OneDrive, but can't attach that file to an email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving a file to OneDrive, but can't attach that file to an email: I have saved a file to a directory in OneDrive.I can close the file and see the file path that the file lives in in the recent files section of Excel.If I open that file path in Windows Explorer, the file is not there, so I cannot attach it to an email.Is Excel saving it to...
  3. Cannot save files anywhere but desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot save files anywhere but desktop: Hi ThereI am have issues with saving any files. If I create a document like PDF in accounts or image file in editing program in a folder in documents then try to saveit says File not foundCheck the filename and try againI can only save to desktop, works as normal I can save...
  4. Cannot save files anywhere but desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot save files anywhere but desktop: Hi ThereI am have issues with saving any files. If I create a document like PDF in accounts or image file in editing program in a folder in documents then try to saveit says File not foundCheck the filename and try againI can only save to desktop, works as normal I can save...
  5. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive: I'll be blunt, I'm not sure what to do right now. I am trying to save documents locally to my pc, but no matter what I do it always saves to my organization's one drive account. I've tried deactivating the device, signing out & uninstalling one drive, changing the default...
  6. Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save anywhere but to organization OneDrive: I'll be blunt, I'm not sure what to do right now. I am trying to save documents locally to my pc, but no matter what I do it always saves to my organization's one drive account. I've tried deactivating the device, signing out & uninstalling one drive, changing the default...
  7. Save to OneDrive !

Save to OneDrive !: I am a little confused regarding saving stuff to OneDrive. I have added the Video folder to OneDrive but I have to choose either Video or OneDrive Video when saving in PowerPoint etc. After I have finished a presentation I would like to save on my laptop and a back up in...
  8. I can't find the saves for game pass games ANYWHERE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find the saves for game pass games ANYWHERE!: I have looked all over appdata and all the common places for the saves to be, they are not there, all I want to do is backup the save from Hollow Knight: voidheart edition. Please do NOT close this thread without properly answering this question, I don't want you to tell me...
  9. Can't create folders anywhere

Can't create folders anywhere: I accidentally deleted both desktop.ini files after moving some files into new folders from the actual desktop, then emptied the recycle bin. When I rebooted, I noticed right away that one file was missing and I assumed it was One of the files came back, but the other did...
  10. OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes

OneDrive Can't Save Your Changes: Hi, I've recently started using OneDrive to hold some small, simple Excel files. I access these files from a couple of PCs and mobile devices. Each time I finish using the Excel file I close it as one should. At some point later I attempt to open/edit/save the Excel file &...