Windows 10: Can't 'save as' snips

Discus and support Can't 'save as' snips in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot get my snipping tool to let me save as and snips. When I exit it asks if I want to save changes, but I cannot find the files as there's no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Targaid, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Targaid Win User

Can't 'save as' snips

I cannot get my snipping tool to let me save as and snips.

When I exit it asks if I want to save changes, but I cannot find the files as there's no indication of where they're going or what they're called.

I've tried the recommended solutions about repairing corrupted installation files to no avail.

Any other ideas?

:)

Targaid, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Marco Gav Win User

How do I save snip screenshots as .JPG?

Hi,

You can save a screenshot directly as a .jpeg file in the Snipping tool. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press File.

• Select Save As....

• Choose a File name.

• Select the drop-down besides Save as type.

• Select JPEG file.

• Press Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 17, 2018
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Debbiehyg Win User

Can't 'save as' snips

Snipping tool - change default back to save as jpg.

On a new computer with Windows 10, the snipping tool's default is to save as a png file. I save all my snips as jpg files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way to change the default to save as jpg. I have looked to try to
    change the default settings, but snipping tool is not on that list.

Debbiehyg, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't 'save as' snips

1. Can't 'save as' snips - Similar Threads - Can't 'save as'

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  4. Snipped images won't save;

Snipped images won't save;: I have recently upgraded my Lenovo ThinkCentre desktop to Windows 11. I frequently use the snipping tool to copy images. I then save them to my pictures folder. Since upgrading, however, Snipping Tool images won't save. I follow the standard procedure: snip the image no...
  5. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  6. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  7. HOW TO SAVE A SNIP ?

HOW TO SAVE A SNIP ?: How do I save a snip document which goes to a clipboard, but there is not really a clipboard in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-a-snip/5559967c-d55a-4ad0-9e55-ada05bc6a24d
  8. I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool: When I save a picture I've captured to my pictures and then I go there, I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-pictures-saved-in-snipping-tool/f10a35db-33f8-4ee3-87ef-ad70f5c42d58
  9. Automatically save snipping screenshots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically save snipping screenshots: Is there a way I could setup a folder where all the images that I snap with Windows+Shift+S automatically get saved? :) submitted by /u/FlocoPops [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsbz8c/automatically_save_snipping_screenshots/
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i save a snip

2. where are screen snips saved

3. click save in snip & sketch locks app

4. windows 10 snaip and sketch save option not working,
  5. my snip will not save,
  6. why cant i save my snip,
  7. can you set the folder where snips save in windows 10,
  8. where does a snip get stored,
  9. why cant i find save snip it,
  10. snip and sketch couldnt save that image,
  11. where do snips get saved,