Windows 10: Can't save document to PC on network after W10 upgrade to 14393

Discus and support Can't save document to PC on network after W10 upgrade to 14393 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a home network with a couple of PCs. My desktop is currently on W10 build 10586, while my laptop (which this is about) obviously just got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by larsinoz, Aug 21, 2016.

1. larsinoz Win User

Can't save document to PC on network after W10 upgrade to 14393

I have a home network with a couple of PCs. My desktop is currently on W10 build 10586, while my laptop (which this is about) obviously just got updated to 14393.
    Previously I could open a document stored on the laptop from the desktop, edit it and save it back.
    Now suddenly I can only open the document in Read-only mode, and I can not save it back to the laptop. I get a message 'You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator'.

:)

larsinoz, Aug 21, 2016

2. Win10 Quirk - Can't Save to Documents folder

Since upgrade to Win10, I can't save a new document to the Documents folder. Originally,, I found my old folders under Documents under Network - they were all there, intact. So, I moved them to the Documents folder under This PC. Whenever I opened an
    Excel file, I could not save it to Documents - had to save as "copy of"... These files, once moved to Documents on This PC became "Read Only".. When I moved the folder back to Network/Documents, they were no longer "Read Only" and could be saved in that
    location. OK - thought "problem solved"... But when I created a new document in Word, I could not save to This PC/Documents - got an error message - nor authorized,, although signed in as Administrator - it did appear in theat folder, but with no data. What
    am I missiong here?

LynnMcCrossen, Aug 21, 2016
  3. mavaler Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade nightmare lost subscription of office 365 home premium

Hi Sarkar:

This happened in HP 610 Touchsmat PC

Missing files on Word, Excel, and Outlook no contacts, tasks and notes.

Ran program OffCAT and show that the registry key for outlook is missing so Outlook can't connect to server.

I was able to get my Outlook emails with no contacts, tasks and notes

My surface was upgraded to W10 in August and everything was perfect, all emails , notes, contacts, tasks and all Word and Excell documents intact.

After upgraded to W10 in the HP PC, the surface (that was working perfect) shows the same problem, can't connect to server for missing registry key for outlook.

Very strange situation

mavaler, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Normally the simplest way to sort this is make sure on the pc you contacting has the same username and password as the pc your logged in to as by default it passes that when connecting make sure you saving to a common folder if its in someone profile it wont let you even on the pc

Samuria, Aug 21, 2016
  5. larsinoz Win User
    Why should I need to do that? It did work perfectly well before the update.

larsinoz, Aug 21, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Because with every new Win10 update things get changed and Broken ...like the debacle with WebCams currently....

Open Control Panel>Credentials Manager>Windows Credential Manager>Add a Credential

and add the Laptop and it's password , and you should be good to go assuming all Permissions are good.

KB.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't save document to PC on network after W10 upgrade to 14393 - Similar Threads - Can't save document

2. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  3. can't find saved documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't find saved documents: My computer is about 15 months old with Office Home and Student and was a warranty replacement. I was able to transfer data from the old to the new and this worked well until recently. Several weeks ago I transferred to Windows 11 - no problem. I have now found nearly all my...
  4. PC not visible in W10 network

PC not visible in W10 network: I have 2 PCs on my home network, call them A & B. On PC A under network in Windows Explorer both PCs are visible and A can access shared folders on B. On PC B under network in Windows Explorer only B is visible and A is not visible. A had a recent reinstall of W10.I have done...
  5. PAINT CRASHING ON SAVING A DOCUMENT - THE SAVED DOCUMENT IS SOLID BLACK AFTER SAVING

PAINT CRASHING ON SAVING A DOCUMENT - THE SAVED DOCUMENT IS SOLID BLACK AFTER SAVING: I am going to attach an image here. I open the 3DPaint. I open up a picture and create a nice red box around some text that looks okay. I try to do a save as and choose image and save with a new name. Immediately, 3dPaint crashes and the picture is just a solid black...
  6. Upgrade path from 1607 14393

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade path from 1607 14393: An upgrade from 1607 14393.2214 to 1903 18999.1 fails without any error detail Do I need to upgrade in steps and if so what's the details? Should I be able to go from 1607 directly to 1903 in this manner? Any ideas? 142522
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade Build 14393: when trying this upgrade I receive, "C++ runtime error; Program C:\windows... BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe". I reply OK and it reverts back to Windows 10 before the upgrade. 65042
  8. Can't save scanned documents

Can't save scanned documents: As with my previous post, when I scan a document with a Canon CanoScan 8800F and try to save it to an existing folder the screen/box pops up and says "Cannot save file. The location you want to save to is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk." I'm...
  9. Can't save MS Office 2013 documents after Win10 upgrade from Win8.1

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't save MS Office 2013 documents after Win10 upgrade from Win8.1: PROBLEM: MS Office 2013 can't save files anywhere except in OneDrive (which I don't want to use). BACKGROUND: Win10 upgrade on Alienware 17 R2 (2015 model) from 8.1 went well - no errors. After using for a few days (normal shutdown / startups), used MS Word to create a...
  10. Can't upgrade my W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade my W10: This has been going on for about a year. I did do the tenforums tutorial cookbook style with no joy. When logged in to W10 as administrator the routine goes to about 80% then claims a problem. I'm attaching a few screen captures that may help. 96411