Windows 10: Can't save inside a zip file?

Discus and support Can't save inside a zip file? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello.I was editing and saving a zip file's text file with W10's Notepad, butit told me to save somewhere else? Why can't I save inside the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ant Dude, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Ant Dude Win User

Can't save inside a zip file?

Hello.I was editing and saving a zip file's text file with W10's Notepad, butit told me to save somewhere else? Why can't I save inside the same zipfile? I had to save outside of the zip file and copy into the same zipfile. :Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :

:)

Ant Dude, Jul 7, 2021
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Can't save inside a zip file?

cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Can't save inside a zip file?

1. Can't save inside a zip file? - Similar Threads - Can't save inside

2. Can't Zip files in Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Zip files in Wndows 10: I work with large files in Adobe - InDeign, Photoshop, Illustrator - to produce a magazine. My issue is that when I am ready to send the packaged folder to the printer, I cannot Zip the file in Windows 10. I've turned off the "bluetooth" option and that didn't work. Anyone...
  3. Can't Zip files in Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Zip files in Wndows 10: I work with large files in Adobe - InDeign, Photoshop, Illustrator - to produce a magazine. My issue is that when I am ready to send the packaged folder to the printer, I cannot Zip the file in Windows 10. I've turned off the "bluetooth" option and that didn't work. Anyone...
  4. My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Photos are only saving as Rar Zip Files: Every time I am on a site and I right-click and select "save image as..." it saves it as a Rar Zip File. I thought this would change if I used the snipping tool to take photos, it does not. I downloaded a Rar Zip Opener and it did nothing. It simply continued saying...
  5. Zip files can't be uncompressed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Zip files can't be uncompressed: So WinRar was notifying me that I had to pay for their software or delete it from my computer. I deleted it as I already had another application on my computer that did the same thing (7-Zip). There is now no option to "Extract" or "Extract All" anywhere when I right-click. I...
  6. Can't open encrypted Zip Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open encrypted Zip Files: I get encrypted ZIP files from trusted emails. They download to a Zip Folder, I click on the Folder and it takes me to the File. When I click on the file, to extract it, or use the Extract Icon, I get a error dialogue saying the files can't be created. If I use 7-Zip, I...
  7. Can't make zip file association

Can't make zip file association: In some magical way that Windows has, my zip files have become associated with Photoshop?????????? I cannot figuer out how to assign a zip association. Though there's a list of probably 50 .z## file types which i have NONE. There is no .zip association which i have many....
  8. Can't make zip file association

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't make zip file association: In some magical way that Windows has, my zip files have become associated with Photoshop?????????? I cannot figuer out how to assign a zip association. Though there's a list of probably 50 .z## file types which i have NONE. There is no .zip association which i have many....
  9. Can't open Zip Files

Can't open Zip Files: When I click a zip file all the options are grayed out. If I right click I do not have an Extract option. If I click Send to Compressed (Zip ) folder it makes another copy in the same folder. What is the next step? How do I open zip this? Thank you [img] 40173
  10. I Can't Download Zip files

in Windows 10 Support
    I Can't Download Zip files: I also cannot edit any of my files. I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin. I want to get a web page up and running but if I can't edit files and download zips I'm screwed. Anybody know how fix this? I hate to think I paid $800 for a...