Windows 10: Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app

Discus and support Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I select 'save a photo from video' in the Films & TV app it takes me to the Photos app where I then get the error message 'something went wrong,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alison_, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Alison_ Win User

Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app

When I select 'save a photo from video' in the Films & TV app it takes me to the Photos app where I then get the error message 'something went wrong, please try that again' when I select 'Save a photo'. I have checked my app is up to date and I don't have the video open in anything else.

I read the thread from 3 years ago about the same issue and none of the advice offered there has helped my issue.

I have tried resetting both apps, repairing both apps and checking for updates for both apps.

My Windows is Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1379

:)

Alison_, Apr 8, 2021

2. Store Update error 0x80070005 of Microsoft Photos and Films & TV

Hi Markus,

Windows Store may experience issues due to a lot of factors. To assist you effectively, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you having issues with updating Microsoft Photos and Films & TV as well?
    • What steps shared on this thread have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting the same error as what the original poster was getting?

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 8, 2021
  3. film & tv, photo

Hi muhammadarsyad

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

1. Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Type troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > Scroll down to bottom and click Windows Store Apps > Click Run the Troubleshooter and follow on-screen directions.

FOR PHOTOS APP

2. Repair / Reset Photos App

Windows Key+i> Apps > Locate Photos by Scrolling Down > Click Advanced Options > Click Repair

If Repair doesn't work, click Reset

3. If Reset doesn't work, then you should uninstall using Powershell and reinstall the Photos App

Windows+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below command and right click in Powershell to paste it and Enter

get-appxpackage Microsoft.Windows.Photos | remove-appxpackage

Now, you need to reinstall it

Use below Powershell command to install

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”

(If you encounter problem installing it, you can always install it from Microsoft Store)

FOR FILMS & TV APP

4. Repair / Reset Films & TV App

Windows Key+i> Apps > Locate Films & TV by Scrolling Down > Click Advanced Options > Click Repair

If Repair doesn't work, click Reset

5. If Reset doesn't work, then you should uninstall using Powershell and reinstall the Photos App

Windows+X > Click Windows Powershell (Admin) > Copy the below command and right click in Powershell to paste it and Enter

get-appxpackage Microsoft.ZuneVideo | remove-appxpackage

Now, you need to reinstall it

Use below Powershell command to install

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.ZuneVideo | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”

(If you encounter problem installing it, you can always install it from Microsoft Store)

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app

Films & Tv App

Hi Guys

In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name.

Info - My movies are all stored on an external Hdd in a few different folders not in the default Videos folder

Cheers Danny

xxxdannyxxx, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app

1. Can't save photo from a video in the Films & TV/Photos app - Similar Threads - Can't save photo

2. When on Films and TV and click "save photo from video", how do I make it open photo legacy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When on Films and TV and click "save photo from video", how do I make it open photo legacy...: I used to take screenshots on the old photos app, managing to go frame by frame on videos to take screenshots of, but the new app doesn't allow me to go frame by frame, so I am assuming the legacy app is the old one which allows me to do that, so when I try to open a video in...
  3. In the 'Films & TV" app the option to "save photo from video" stopped showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the 'Films & TV" app the option to "save photo from video" stopped showing up: I was using the feature just yesterday and now the option just isn't there any more. It used to be on the bottom right next to the "Fullscreen" button and the "More options" menu. I've checked the "More options" menu and its not there. I've checked for updates on the...
  4. In the 'Films & TV" app the option to "save photo from video" stopped showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In the 'Films & TV" app the option to "save photo from video" stopped showing up: I was using the feature just yesterday and now the option just isn't there any more. It used to be on the bottom right next to the "Fullscreen" button and the "More options" menu. I've checked the "More options" menu and its not there. I've checked for updates on the...
  5. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  6. 'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps

'Films and TV' and 'Photos' Apps: Hi,Both these Apps fail to update in the App store now. Films and Tv, I followed the instructions on a similar topic and uninstalled to reinstall. This is when I found out, it then would not install again. Now Photos has started showing the same issue, so I am reluctant to...
  7. Still photo from video in Films & TV app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still photo from video in Films & TV app.: I open video in Films & TV app, choose edit looks like safety pin, then select save photo from video, then on new picture click save a photo. Get message saving. Then what, please???? Where is the photo?...
  8. Still photo from video in Films & TV app.

Still photo from video in Films & TV app.: I open video in Films & TV app, choose edit looks like safety pin, then select save photo from video, then on new picture click save a photo. Get message saving. Then what, please???? Where is the photo?...
  9. In Photos, can't save photo from video

In Photos, can't save photo from video: I want to save a frame from an avi video in Photos. Every time I try I get a message to try again, and to check with Microsoft Support if that doesn't work. Error message 0x80070057 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
  10. film & tv, photo

film & tv, photo: i cant open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-tv-photo/1ed719aa-82a6-4e07-89d2-f2a1578ba811

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to screenshot in microsoft movies and tv