Windows 10: can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option

Discus and support can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to save a pic I emailed to myself from my Note 10 to my HP win 10 computer on yahoo.ca I open the email and save the pic to my hp on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Debbie Chorneyko, Mar 7, 2021.

1. can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option

I am trying to save a pic I emailed to myself from my Note 10 to my HP win 10 computer on yahoo.ca I open the email and save the pic to my hp on pictures folder but it saves a jfif not jpeg, even when it says its saving as jpeg.. tried the registry edit but the path does not show up on my computer

:)

Debbie Chorneyko, Mar 7, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Mar 7, 2021
  3. maxwelwp Win User
    .jpg vs .jfif extension

In the last few months, every windows update changes the registry setting for saving jpeg images from .jpg to .jfif. Why is this continually changing even after I change the registry setting back to .jpg?

As a side note, the image I am saving is NOT a .jfif file and I do not have the option to save as a .jpg from the file save window. Only after changing the registry setting back to .jpg am I able to save with a .jpg extension.

maxwelwp, Mar 7, 2021
  4. can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option

Restore The "save as" option for pictures, I can only cut, copy and paste

Hi Ray,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that when right click on the picture file, there will not be
    Save as option in the list.

But we can use the save as option through following steps below:

1. Right click on the picture file.

2. Then click on Edit option.

3. It will open in Paint app.

4. Then click on File and then you will be able to see
    Save as
    option in the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue using Save as option for pictures in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option

1. can't save picture as jpeg on hp windows 10, only gives jfif option - Similar Threads - can't save picture

2. HP Laptop Windows Login only giving PIN option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Laptop Windows Login only giving PIN option: I have an HP laptop that I believe is running Windows 10. I havnt used the laptop in over a year. I recently booted it up a s was asked for a PIN. I tried all the PINs I could think of until it locked me out for tries. I do not get the option to use a password and it only...
  3. HP Laptop Windows Login only giving PIN option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop Windows Login only giving PIN option: I have an HP laptop that I believe is running Windows 10. I havnt used the laptop in over a year. I recently booted it up a s was asked for a PIN. I tried all the PINs I could think of until it locked me out for tries. I do not get the option to use a password and it only...
  4. HP Laptop Windows Login only giving PIN option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  6. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?: Images I download and save as a jpeg now end up being in a jfif format. This started a week ago and in order to change them to jpeg I have to use MS Paint to open and convert them. Very annoying.I would appreciate assistance with this please. Thank you....
  7. Why are images saved as jpegs now end up being in a jfif format?

8. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif': I found guides to fix online and here (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/af0azy/windows_10_had_been_saving_nearly_every_image_as/ except I have no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\ directory in registry. Please help. I use a bit of old software and worried it not accepting...
  9. Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves

Windows 10 Mail gives option to save or open mail attachments but only saves: As the subject. I try to open an attachment (pdf) in Windows Mail but right clicking gives me the option to save or open and it will only save, left clicking simply saves it ... I get no way to open the attachment. I've found the same question asked before on this frum and...
  10. printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer will not print only gives option to save document as tiff file: when I try to print any documdent with a print command, I only get anoption to save the document as a tiff file. Saving the documnet and then trying to print it gives the same "save as" option again. Printer is HP photosmart 6100 series. 30069

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com