Windows 10: Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format

Discus and support Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am still using the old Office XP (2002) software. My Windows 10 pc has the 'Compatability Pack for the 2007 Office system' installed. Looking in... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by theweav, Jun 22, 2019.

1. theweav Win User

Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format

I am still using the old Office XP (2002) software. My Windows 10 pc has the 'Compatability Pack for the 2007 Office system' installed. Looking in Default Programs, .xlsx is associated with 'Microsoft Open XML Converter'. when trying to save a spreadsheet, the Excel 2007 Workbook ".xlsx" is not listed under File Name. Only Excel Workbook ".xls" is listed. This is working fine on my Windows 10 laptop.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

theweav, Jun 22, 2019

2. can I convert a .numbers file to .xlsx format easily?

A friend emailed me a .numbers spreadsheet. Can I convert it to a .xlsx format easily?

MarkHammond1, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Cody C. Win User
    Unable to open Excel for Mac spreadsheets on my HTC HD2

Hi Susan,

Have you tried saving the Excel spreadsheet in a different format? Instead of saving as XLSX, try saving in the older "Excel 97-2004 Workbook (.xls)" format. The steps below explain how to save the document in a different format:

• Create a file, or open the file that you want to save.
    • On the File menu, click Save As.
    • In the Save As box, type a name for the file.
    • On the Format drop-down menu, choose Excel 97-2004 Workbook (.xls).

While you're trying that, I'm going to move your thread into the Windows Phone forums and see if anyone there can help us out. I'm not quite sure what formats WinMo 6.5 supports and there aren't too many things we can try on the Excel
    side.

Let me know if changing the format helps!

Cody C., Jun 22, 2019
  4. Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format

xlsx files can't open

Hello Donald,

.XLSX is a file extension for an open XML spreadsheet used by Microsoft Excel. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Is Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? If yes, which version of Microsoft Excel are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages when opening the .xlsx files?
    • Did you create the said file or was it downloaded from a certain source?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format

1. Can't save spreadsheets in .xlsx format - Similar Threads - Can't save spreadsheets

2. Saving Spreadsheet to Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving Spreadsheet to Folder: How can I save an Excell spread-sheet into a Folder using Windows 11. Or can it only be saved in One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-spreadsheet-to-folder/3260afc6-7181-4efa-8efe-6fa81faa11c6
  3. Saving Spreadsheet to Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Spreadsheet to Folder: How can I save an Excell spread-sheet into a Folder using Windows 11. Or can it only be saved in One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-spreadsheet-to-folder/3260afc6-7181-4efa-8efe-6fa81faa11c6
  4. xlsx file formats not valid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xlsx file formats not valid: i have files that i lost on a external drice i have recovered them but try to open and i get xlsx file formats not valid i have tried all steps that i have read up on with no results im stumped is there any other steps or solutions that i may try...
  5. xlsx file formats not valid

xlsx file formats not valid: i have files that i lost on a external drice i have recovered them but try to open and i get xlsx file formats not valid i have tried all steps that i have read up on with no results im stumped is there any other steps or solutions that i may try...
  6. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  7. Paint default save format

Paint default save format: How to change Paint default save-as format from PNG to JPG ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-default-save-format/46459e04-c5ec-4bbd-a770-03042f3c1f21
  8. Opening .docx and .xlsx

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening .docx and .xlsx: If I click on one of these files types in Windows Explorer is crashes and goes to 'Not Responding' every time. I have repaired, reset, reinstalled, sfc /scannow. Nothing works. Come on Microsoft, what is the issue here. I have seen many, many people asking for a solution...
  9. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  10. Can't open some excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open some excel spreadsheets: I have Windows 10 and I recently installed Publisher onto my computer now I cannot open some spreadsheets. I don't get any type of error message they just won't open....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i update my 97 2003 excel spreadsheets