Windows 10: Can't save to C: drive.

Discus and support Can't save to C: drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 HP Laptop. Every time I try to save to my c: drive, I get an error message saying access denied. I am the only user and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TrishFinney, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Can't save to C: drive.

I have a Windows 10 HP Laptop. Every time I try to save to my c: drive, I get an error message saying access denied. I am the only user and the Administrator. I checked settings for access, sharing, etc. Help!

:)

TrishFinney, Apr 24, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

@zbook- what I'm suggesting should resurrect the PC, provided what's left on the "C:" is at all viable - the clean install is just a step to that. Saves a lot of technical bits and time on our part.

dalchina, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Can't save to C: drive.

Installing an SSD drive on my desktop to use as the C bootup drive

What are you talking about, I have Samsung 830 for 5 years and its still running great there is no issue with NTFS and SSD

To the OP all you have to do is use Macrium Reflect to clone your disk to your SSD you'll have to option to shrink your C partition before you start the actual clone check out this video
    it walks you through step by step

Clintlgm, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Can't save to C: drive.

1. Can't save to C: drive. - Similar Threads - Can't save drive

2. Can't extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't extend C Drive: I have a device with windows 11 and tried to organize the file by splitting the Drive to C Drive for programs and such things while have D Drive for managing daily files. After making the first spilt I discovered the size of C drive are too small. I have tried several time to...
  3. Can't extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't extend C Drive: I have a device with windows 11 and tried to organize the file by splitting the Drive to C Drive for programs and such things while have D Drive for managing daily files. After making the first spilt I discovered the size of C drive are too small. I have tried several time to...
  4. Cannot Save Files to the C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Save Files to the C Drive: I have changed my permissions to full and ensured that I am a Administrator, but I still cannot save a csv file to the C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-files-to-the-c-drive/e3c88010-6f73-49cc-a4f2-db7e820e11dc
  5. Cannot Save Files to the C Drive

Cannot Save Files to the C Drive: I have changed my permissions to full and ensured that I am a Administrator, but I still cannot save a csv file to the C drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-save-files-to-the-c-drive/e3c88010-6f73-49cc-a4f2-db7e820e11dc
  6. Format C Drive To Save Data

Format C Drive To Save Data: If i format my c drive to keep my files, i know apps will be deleted and microsoft C++ visual will deleted as well. After format C drive, can i reinstall all microsoft c++ visual versions like all redistributable versions and recent windows update? And is my game files still...
  7. Format C Drive To Save Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Format C Drive To Save Data: If i format my c drive to keep my files, i know apps will be deleted and microsoft C++ visual will deleted as well. After format C drive, can i reinstall all microsoft c++ visual versions like all redistributable versions and recent windows update? And is my game files still...
  8. Format C Drive To Save Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't open c: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't open c: drive: I can't open my c: drive and whenever I open it, it says "Application not found" I tried every research but I could not find it yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-c-drive/71806301-e693-4c33-a813-32996fa55952
  10. Can't save to c: root

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save to c: root: Get error message when I try to save a document or picture on c:\ 'A required privilege is not held by client.' Is there a way to fix this? Thank you. 14643