Windows 10: Can't Save to Desktop

Discus and support Can't Save to Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Professional: I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before. With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Edsaidso, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Edsaidso Win User

Can't Save to Desktop

Windows 10 Professional:

I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before.

With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor - I am unable to save my work to the Desktop or into a folder on the Desktop. When hitting the 'Save as' button I get the message:

C:\Users\'name'\Desktop\Document.txt.
    File not found. Check file name and try again.

I can save to any folder on C:\ or a USB drive, but not the Desktop.

I would love to hear from anyone who knows what is going on and, if possible, how to fix it.

TIA for any input.

Ed

:)

Edsaidso, Nov 5, 2018
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 6, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Can't Save to Desktop

Remote Desktop - Save connections

Hi Adrian,

Through Remote Desktop Protocol in Windows, you are provided with a graphical interface where you can save the current connection settings to an RDP file or open a saved connection. You may get to this interface by following the steps below:

• Type remote desktop in the Windows 10 taskbar search, and selecting
      Remote Desktop Connection. Make sure that the Computer,
      User name, etc. fields are filled in correctly under the
      General tab.
    • Click the Show options button.
    • From there, you can save the current connection settings to an RDP
      file or open a saved connection.
    • If you are to save a connection, click Save As, and choose the location from where you want to save the shortcut, and click on
      Save.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Can't Save to Desktop

1. Can't Save to Desktop - Similar Threads - Can't Save Desktop

2. cannot save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot save to desktop: I cannot save documents to he desktop. Told to unhide hidden item in file explorer. However this just acts as a toggle - set to unhide then doc appears. Save another doc to desktop and nothing shows. Go and 'hide' docs remove tick and it appears on desktop. Something...
  3. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  4. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  5. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Which Fix? Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which Fix? Can't Save to Desktop: I recently could Not "Save to Desktop" No Permission and stumbled upon -- Giving "Everyone" MODIFY rights Rt Clk This PC - Desktop/Properties/Security/Edit as a Fix. In another Forum [ I haven't gotten an answer from ] an "expert" suggested THIS is a Big Security Issue & that...
  7. FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIXED: Can't Save to Desktop ... W10-1909: Controlled Folder Access = OFF is a common posted Fix but I use ESET EIS and am told Defender must be in use to have CFA = ON. My rarely-used, test-only Bkup Admin Acct COULD save to Desktop but I don't know the implications of the Fix for just the exclusively-used Me...
  8. Saving Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Desktop Icons: Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save...
  9. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...
  10. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569